The North Korea Thread

Even Russia has to be regretting working so hard to get Trump elected, right? They are going to eat a bunch of the fallout/refugees.

Fallout would likely go over Japan/Pacific for the most part.

And they wouldn’t accept any refugees, they barely have anything resembling a border, and they’d just shoot them/send them back, it would be China taking them all.

But wars are GOOD if Trump gets us into them.
Come on dude, try to keep up.

“Dudes, what’s the fucking deal with your president?”

“Your private face is just as crazy as your public face. It’s not meant to work like that.”

Imagine trying to explain to them that in our system of government a guy who is literally retarded can be chosen as the leader and after 9 months he still hasn’t been overthrown. And we think they’re the crazy ones.

It is amusing to think of Kim at a table with his advisors and they’re just all shrugging and going, “Look I don’t know, dude is just nuts.”

Isn’t the Korean war still technically ongoing?

You couldn’t pay me enough to try and explain Trump to the North Koreans. It is an impossible task, and the Kim family deals with failure in brutal and painful ways.

Technically, yes.

I think the problem is that Trump has decided to play Bad Cop, but he forgot to assign someone to the Good Cop role. I mean it could make some perverse sense for Trump to seem like a crazy person as long as you have someone else behind the scenes talking to NK saying things like “man, I don’t know what Trump will do if I come back without a deal. That mother fucker is CRAZY! But I get you, so let’s work something out.”

Well that’s where the Rodman Protocol comes into play.

Haha, yeah, I mean I’d totally admit that Trump truly knows how to play 4D chess if one of these days Rodman and some NK negotiator announce that they’ve come to terms and NK is going to give up their nukes in exchange for the US drawing down some number of troops in SK or something.

But we know that’s not what’s happening. Trump only knows domination. He will only accept NK submitting fully to the might of the US. The only way that happens is through force of arms.

Manafort is available.

Trump shit tweeting about NK again. He clearly wants war, while having zero understanding of what war means. He avoided it like the coward he is while in his youth. I feel like the country has been taken over in a coup, and the people have no options.

In case you don’t want to look it up…

IMG_0550

There exists in our nation however a relatively large group of people who honestly believe that strength–and masculinity, as this is a highly gendered mindset–means never compromising, never letting anyone dis you or cut you off in traffic or develop nukes or whatever. It also is a mindset that equates strength and manhood with the ready use of violence, but which also has nearly zero understanding of the consequences of violence. Mostly that is because these people only use or perceive violence in a context where the victim is helpless or unable to respond in kind, and thus, their idea of violence (personal or national) is incredibly solipsistic and unrealistic. These are the people who believe, deeply, that there is simply no way any other nation on earth can hurt the USA, that we are not only more powerful than everyone else but that all we have to do is flex our muscles and our foes will fall before us, etc.

It’s bad enough that these people drive around shooting at people who cut them off on the roads, or urge the local constabulary to use excessive force. Now they are in control of the government and taking the same attitude to the world stage. The reckoning, when it comes, will be nasty, but sadly the people responsible for this will probably not only emerge unscathed, but will still believe their own mythology–after all, if war doesn’t fix something, it’s the Jews or the Commies or the blacks who back-stabbed us, right?

It’s worse than that. They have options, and this is the option enough of them chose. And a lot of his supporters are still fully on board with this crap.

I found this article by Amb. Cooper, who formerly ran the Pentagon missile program. and many jobs associated with missile defense to be interesting.

He said like I thought, that US can shoot down ballistic missiles in the launch phase, in addition to the terminal phase. In fact, we can several shots on them as they travel across the Pacific. It appears that most Aegis-equipped destroyers and cruiser have the capability, include a few owned by Japan and South Korea.

We don’t have enough to make a difference in Russia nuclear strike, nor probably a Chinese strike.

I will say that when several of my friends were working on Star Wars at Lockheed Missile and Space, during the mid-80s there biggest barrier was not enough computational resource to track the target and discriminate against decoys. Given computing, power has increased by more than one million-fold in the last 30 years, that shouldn’t be an issue.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451891/united-states-navy-north-korea-intercontintal-ballistic-missiles-defense-aegis