The North Korea Thread

Terrifying shivers

They’re cute, but South Korea has made great strides in aegyo technology over the last few decades. I don’t know if the commies are gonna be able to compete with that.

Interesting to see a naturally attractive Korean girl that isn’t an ode to the surgeons knife.

That might be the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted.

I bet staying thin is easier for those girls than most cheerleaders.

What with the parasites and all that. Keeps you slim and high energy. Case in point, the guy with the parasites made it to South Korea. What a coincidence.

Um, holy shit. What a mistake.

https://www.ibanet.org/Article/NewDetail.aspx?ArticleUid=8ae0f29d-4283-4151-a573-a66b2c1ab480

As per the forum I was playing Railway Empire until a 3 AM. So when I was rudely awaken at 8 AM I was still groggy. The phone had a message about a missile launch. I was just contemplating getting up to look at what was going on when I got a call from panicked sister. Who was leaving the beach and going home. It took a good 20 minutes frantically searching all media, and even the US Pacific Command website and twitter feeds, before our Congresswoman Tulsa Gabbard posted on twitter that it was a false.

It took another 20 minutes before the civil defense system sent out the message this was a false alarm, and my somewhat calmed sister and I both railed about Trump.

As I posted on Facebook

Just a reminder to mainlanders tempted to laugh. The last time Hawaii Civil Defense warned that there was an attack on a Hawaii and this is not a drill, was Dec. 7th 1941. It is also worth remembering that tension between the US and Japan were high at the time. Thank you, Mr. President

What a fuckup. What an incredibly dangerous fuckup.

Imagine if Fox had reported the initial alert, and Trump was in bed with a cheeseburger, watching.

Good point. I wonder if this was a completely false alert (triggered by nothing) or a false positive with some actual basis to it.

Good point. I wonder if this was a completely false alert (triggered by nothing) or a false positive with some actual basis to it.

Local official are saying one person pressed the wrong button, and panicked one million Oahu residents.

Of course that’s nothing compared to what the Orange Cheeto could do.

North Korea was just saved because the President was golfing when this went down.

Ok, so it isn’t completely automated (at least not in this case). One wonders what other events pressing that button triggered.

We keep seeing some variations on the theme of “what happened” though, right?

I mean, didn’t it take 38 minutes to issue an official “All clear”? How does that happen if someone’s saying “Oops” right away?

Scarily relevant today.

How in the world can someone press “the wrong button” like this. That is crazy inept.

I don’t believe that for one minute.

Things like this - worse than this - have happened before. And it will happen again. The key is to eliminate the weak links that might mean a simple error like this could escalate into nuclear war. (In other words: impeach Trump.)

This want a military screw up, I don’t believe, was it? It was a screw up by some civilian group.

PACOM was never under any impression that a missile had been fired. There was never any chance of the us accidentally retaliating or something.