The North Korea Thread

That’s simply not true. Trump could have seen the news on Fox and ordered a nuclear strike in retribution. Sure, the military would have said there’s nothing actually happening but IT WAS ON FOX. They would have been duty bound to obey him, right?

I don’t think any news other reported that there was a missile incoming, did they? They just reported that there had been a false alarm.

It was a mistake by the Hawaiian Early Warning System. Essentially some intern pulled the wrong tape for an Emergency Warning test. That’s it. The real fuck up is that the Hawaiian government took 38 minutes to call it off. The Hawaiian governor said, this shouldn’t have happened. No shit.

I could not find any confirmation on the regular media. But between Facebook and people on the street there were lots of people saying things. If Trump had an 808 (Hawaii) phone number he would have gotten the message from an official source.

I’d say given his impulsive behavior there is at least a significant chance that North Korea would have been nuked and North Korea would response in some way.

Trump’s first tweet after the incident is of course about fake news and his amazing 2016 election. He is the worst.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5R7F8G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

That is a book that should scare the shit out of people. It is amazing that there were no weapons that went off during one if those accidents.

I have that one on my Amazon wishlist. Time to pull the trigger I guess.

Better not wait too long…

Nah, he could still read the book by the radiation glow…

A couple of nice ones from the East Coast:

The Tybee Island one has never been found, and is assumed to be lying there some where.

That in itself is somewhat disconcerting.

Because This American Life is one of the best shows NPR makes, here’s a recent and relevant one

Setting aside the nuclear bit, it creeps me the hell out to read about a plane ‘breaking up in midair’ as though it were made of spit and string.

The forces involved in something that big flying through the air at high speed are pretty scary.

It is January 14, 2018, and nobody was nuked today. (That I know of.)

They used to say of the F-4 Phantom II that it was proof that, with enough thrust, anything could fly…

Holy shit.

Someone is peeing in a cup today.

Cup, pants, whatever.