The North Korea Thread

“Mr. Smith, your urinalysis showed a high concentration of linen. What do you have to say about that?”

I am an expert on the subject matter: I diagnose a defective mouse button. He needs to buy a new logitech piece of plastic.

Maybe he was one of those guys who wants to see the world burn. Not too much of a stretch to think something like this could trigger a response, and maybe… it’s what he wanted. Check the guy’s home for a fallout shelter and canned good quantity.

Maybe fire their UI designer while we are at it. What a horrible system.

The only two choices in a drop down menu? Fuck yeah.

That’s called coding efficiency. :)

People keep undervaluing UX and end up paying for it in the end

Raise your hands if you’ve ever accidentally hit a different option than the one you wanted from a drop-down menu?

Yeah, pretty much the entire human race.

Holy cow… seeing that awfully designed card, I now understand his mistake.

It seems to me that the analog system was way better than the digital one. IIRC it used to be to carts (tape cartridges). They were clearly labeled. You had to plug the correct cart into a machine. It took a modicum of attention. Tired, hung over or high, you had to read the label and physically move the cart from point A to point B. I would think this is important. If you want to have the system on a computer, have it on two computers. With big signs over them. With a few ‘Are You SURE?’ clicks on each.

The only way someone gets the pop-up on the real message unless they mess up is if there really is a missile coming to strike, so as the developer, I would code the following pop-up:

Holy fucking shit! Are you sure? Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck!

Or something like that.

Oh, at work we have a 3 choice drop-down on an obscure entity type, which due to some weirdness in the legacy system thats fed downstream is set in stone once you hit save, and all you can do is archive the record and start afresh if you screw up.

It doesn’t happen much, but yeah, its not something I’d like to plan Armageddon using.

ww3

Another, more recent, example

The actual dropdown menu!

That’s not a drop-down menu.

CMANO isn’t so bad, after all.

Whatever that is, it sucks.