The North Korea Thread

Holy shit, that’s an HTML page full of links. Spend two freaking minutes and organize/group them and put goddam headers over the groups.

Why the fuck is shit like landslides and amber alerts randomly mixed in with NUCLEAR WAR???

Yeah, it’s not even alphabetically ordered, which is the standard “nobody though about this” design decision. It’s just…random.

Call me crazy but Nuclear War should at least be on a separate page from High Surf Warning.

Here’s what actually happened:

Boy, that has all the earmarks of an interface that was hacked together during implementation as a test page, and then someone decided it was “good enough” and directed resources elsewhere.

Oh HTML is super high tech for Hawaii state government.

The payroll system for how all of our teachers get paid, starts with manual time cards. They get manual inputted and then a master pay list is generated. They a team of folks with sharpies use color coding to make adjustments for vacation, sick leave etc. Then goes through a couple more steps.

I love that Hana has it is on road closure link. The only time I was planning on going to Hana the road was closed.

Damn the lack of likes!

Well this is surprising, no?

Is it possible that Trump is inadvertently driving North and South together?

It was always part of his plan. Smart guy. Knows Koreans. Knows the enemy of their enemy is the enemy. Talked to a professor once, really bright guy. He’s a genius, so he knows bright guys. Guy said, Koreans - rattle their cage, and they’ll band together. Shithole.

I’m home from work today, not feeling so great, and this had me laughing pretty hard.

Yes, Trump and his people will claim credit at some point if N and S improve relations. Just a matter of time.

Too bad Trump wasn’t there to unify the Beatles in 1970.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/01/30/heres-what-went-wrong-with-that-hawaii-missile-alert-the-fcc-says/

The mistake began with a night-shift supervisor who decided to test incoming day-shift workers with a spontaneous drill. The supervisor managing the day-shift workers appeared to be aware of the upcoming test, but believed it was aimed at the outgoing night-shift workers and was not prepared to supervise the morning test, the FCC said.

Just remember, Trump understands nuclear weaponry.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes,
OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart
—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if,
like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the
smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a
conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s
why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went
there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my
like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but
you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would
have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear
is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the
power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of
what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?),
but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it
used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I
would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because,
you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter
right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about
another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

I noped out after the first two lines. Jesus Christ.

You know, he says enough stupid and lunatic things every week that we don’t need to be drudging up quotes from 2 1/2 years ago - he said this on July 21, 2015!!!

A classic is always welcome, no? :)

Plus, we all knew it wasn’t from this year. Plus, if anyone says anything remotely like that ridiculous, self-serving, ignorant babble at ANY time in his life, he should not be president of anything except his sandbox.

White House National Security Council senior director for Asian affairs Matthew Pottinger was reported as saying in a recent closed-door meeting with US experts on Korean Peninsula issues that a limited strike on the North “might help in the midterm elections.”

and

“US drops pick for South Korea ambassador: Victor Cha nomination shelved after expert raises concerns about strike against Pyongyang”
(subscription only)
https://www.ft.com/content/59af32aa-0620-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

"The White House has abandoned plans to nominate Victor Cha as US ambassador to Seoul after the Korea expert raised concerns about US plans to use a military strike to give North Korea a “bloody nose”.

Two people familiar with the situation said the White House had stopped returning calls from Mr Cha, a former Bush administration official who teaches at Georgetown University, after he expressed concern in a December meeting about a plan to warn Pyongyang with a narrow military strike."

In other words, when the candidate demonstrated his marked fitness for the position, they dumped him like a hot potato. I imagine Mr. Cha will be breathing a sigh of relief rather than chagrin.

It’s just a bloody nose, guys. 2 to 3 nukes, max. No big deal!