The North Korea Thread

Depends on the size of the nose!

To be fair, also the size of the nukes. Maybe they’re itty-bitty, cute little nukes. You know, adorable nukes. Who could resist those? It could almost be like a Valentine’s Day present. Like from that kid that pulls your pigtails because he doesn’t know how to express his love properly.

Idea of the Pentagon pursuing low yield nukes while there is a President who questions why we have nukes if we don’t use them is extremely dangerous.

Trump’s concerted efforts to intimidate North Korea into disarming their nuclear arsenal are working, just like my family have been telling they would for the last year and a half. “Now if only people would leave him alone so he could fix border security, the economy, and foster new alliances.

Guy on Twitter injects cynical, non productive commentary about thing that happened.

Nothing has happened, really. It’s just an exchange of words, unless you trust the NK statement to be truthful. That seems pretty optimistic.

Better chance their leader is than ours.

No reason for NK to ditch their nukes. With them, they can play the same hot/cold game they’ve been playing for years, and keep their kleptocrat dynasty rolling in brandy and cigars.

Yeah, this has been their focus for so long. Now that they have a threat they will never back down. It gives them too much power, too much of a bargaining chip.

I thought Trump was supposed to be getting us into a nuclear war with North Korea?

The right-wing president of South Korea had a scandal was impeached. A left-wing president with a track record of being soft on communism was elected in her place. Now he’s back to playing footsie with the North.

👏👏👏 Thanks, Trump!!! 👏👏👏

Good job, Trump. You just agreed to meet with a nuclear-armed dictator who has literal concentration camps in his country, with no pre-conditions and nothing on the table.

Christmas came early for Kim-Jong Un this year. They finally forced a meeting with a US president.

I doubt Kim is very bright, but if this meeting ever happens, he’ll probably have DJT giving him Alaska in exchange for no more threatening pronouncements. He might be able to get Oregon and Washington, too.

Now that’s not fair. I’m sure he’s gotten assurances that South Korea will de-nuke first.

Lord Trump has saved us all, woohoo. What a fucking nightmare, every damn day.

Tillerson, of course, immediately downplays the idea of talks:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-03-08/u-s-is-a-long-way-from-talks-with-north-korea-tillerson-says?__twitter_impression=true