The number of posts you can make today is limited! (FIXED)

We’ve run into a bug of some sort where the software thinks you’re all a bunch of new arrivals who need to be prevented from spamming the forum with new posts. Which is good news, because that’s how it should work for new arrivals. But it’s bad news because you’re not new arrivals. It’s a system-wide thing that will be fixed shortly, but in the meantime, be aware that you might get a nasty message to the effect of “ha ha, you posted too much today, so no more for you!

We’ll get it ironed out as soon as we can. In the meantime, post sparingly. :)

-Tom

So I shouldn’t waste it, you’re saying.

I miss the Likes from the test forum.

Hey two new posts! No, three! I did get a helpful pop-up window asking me to consider replying to several posts at once. Mind your own business, pop-up window!

I should be at 4, testing to see if I get the warning.

This is a migration bug, as these accounts are clearly not new, yet they are being restricted as if they were new accounts created today. @arpit.jalan will update here as we figure it out, or 24 hours will elapse and you’ll be clear… one or the other…

It’s fixed. The nightmare is over!

Thanks for verifying @mono! I made some changes in backend and was just trying to verify this fix!

Apologies about this issue, will make sure it will not happen in future migrations.

Much obliged! @arpit.jalan

This can be unpinned @tomchick

Why thank you @arpit.jalan

All this confusion and kerfuffle reminds me of the time me and my buddy Quinn Hixon went down to Oklahoma City on leave. Quinn had just had a bad run in with a flash grenade and wasn’t seeing too well, so he was wearing dark shades and playing the part of the blind man for the evening. You’d think that would put a damper on the festivities but it didn’t slow Quinn down at all. He was leading us from bar to bar going just by the sounds of the revelry inside.

At one point later in the evening he picked us out a bar and strolled right on in. Feeling his way along to the bar, he set himself down on a barstool and waited for a bartender. I was a bit unsettled as I noticed pretty quick that we were the only two men in the bar and some of the women looked to be a little less than delicate flowers. There was an abundance of leather and chains in the wardrobes of these ladies and I was starting to get a touch nervous.

Once the bartender came along and asked Quinn for his order, he leaned forward and put on his winning smile and asked, “Hey, you want to hear a blonde joke?” Well the whole place got silent in a heartbeat and everyone was staring at us. After a tense minute, the lady on the barstool next to Quinn leaned over and said to him, "Before you tell that joke, buddy, I think it is only fair, given that you are blind, that you should know five things:

The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.

The bouncer is a blonde girl with a billy-club.

I’m a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate.

The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter.

The lady to your right is blonde and a professional MMA fighter.

Now, think about it seriously, buddy…. Do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?”

Qutinn thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters, “No…not if I’m gonna have to explain it five times…”

I don’t remember what happened after that.