The Office, Season 8

I really liked the Big Mac idea…

It really was cookies.

Good christmas episode this week, might have been the best of the current season, maybe they were really drinking when it was filmed? :p

Dudes, why was The Office my favorite sitcom last night? I mean I like it more this year than I have in a while but still. What is happening.

I do not know what you are asking. D:

Did you miss Parks and Recreation, or something?

Normally P&R is my favorite sitcom but I wasn’t crazy about last night’s episode. I think I was playing on my phone half way through it. The Office was pretty good, though.

What I am asking, lordkosc, is if I should be worried that the end times are upon us since my favorite sitcom on a Thursday night was The Office.

Oh I see , I guess you missed the awesomeness of iRob.

P&R and the Office are on my DVR for tonight.

Because Community is on “hiatus”

But it was a really good episode “SEE-attle” indeed Kevin.

James Spader and Ellie Kemper are carrying this show. His wistful “Eyes Wide Shut” fantasies the other week . . . good stuff.

I’m still not sure how I feel about this show still going. It still feels like a show that’s gone past its ending and even past its epilogue. And sometimes I don’t even find it all that funny anymore. But then there’s shows like last week’s episode with Dwight fighting past his appendicitis and this week’s episode. Both of them were sooooo over the top, I was laughing out loud so much, I was actually physically tired by the end of each episode.

If the show continues this new trend of being so outrageously over-the-top, I saw bring it on. I’d love to keep watching despite it living past the ending.

Not a great episode. The Doctor Donna is getting on my nerves but I really liked Robert’s nature/sex analogy conversation with Jim.

Maybe Andy and Erin can just keep driving in the wrong direction and not come back.

Spader is still awesome, and Kemper has done a great job with her character, oscillating from naive/odd to sincere/mostly normal (can’t quite think of the right words).

I suppose my first question should be, Is anyone even watching this anymore?

If so, was last night’s possibly the worst episode yet?

I’m still watching. I haven’t seen last night’s episode yet, but this whole season has been like watching some kind of giant epilogue. Sort of a reassuring message: Yes, office life goes on and the characters still get into goofy and funny situations even after the story is over.

That said, the whole excursion to Florida by half of the office was just really, really funny.

Also still watching, but the series peaked at Jim and Pam’s marriage. Since then it hasn’t gotten any better. :| None of the characters have really changed, and I am sort of bored watching the show as of late.

Parks and Rec on the other hand is episode of epic win after episode of epic win.

Yeah, we had to watch it this week because it was on between 30 Rock and Parks and Rec.

That being said, it’s definitely pretty close to the nadir in terms of quality. I have no idea what they’re even going for at this point. It feels like the writers are enamored of the new characters (James Spader included) despite the fact that they don’t have any purpose or even anything to do.

The Florida episodes weren’t brilliant, although they were an entertaining enough diversion, but it’s definitely time to stick a fork in the show overall.

FTFY.

Why is Robert California suddenly the worst manager in the world? What the hell? They brought him in as a shark, and now he’s more incompetent than Steve Carell? Really?

He never actually demonstrated any skill at management. He got the job on pure magnetism and charm. He’s also going through a divorce so he isn’t operating even at his normal skill capacity.