The Office

Owned!

Hey, I’m glad you like it. Don’t take my not-as-clever-as-I-think-the-are barbs to heart. Look at it this way: you have a show to look forward to every week, and my favorite show might not even get picked up for another season. So you came out on top after all.

Yeah, I’m pissed off with the whole Arrested Development situation as well. So I figure any show that isnt like Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond, is good enough in my book. The fact that it keeps improving each week is a bonus.

As for AD, that show will go down as one of the best ever to be cut down ahead of its time.

AD’s situation reminds me of Action!, only Action! wasn’t even given a fair chance.

Action! was pretty good, but it wasn’t even close to the level of AD.

So is AD dead for sure? Or are things still up in the air?

Jeez Tom, if I’d have known we would be tested on the material, I would have studied harder. I have only seen each episode once. If you have only seen each British episode once and can remember multiple clever lines, you win. :wink:

I did not attempt to remeber any, initially, because the vibe here was so negative, I assumed I would not watch more than one or two episodes. I will endeavor to do better once the reruns start up.

Sunday at 7:30 is an awful time slot. Wait, I have TiVo. Why do I not record AD again?

Anyone catch the new episode last night? Was pretty funny. The Jim and Pam tension is growing very thin though. They need to either tone it down or get it over and done with. I guess it’s because there’s not much else to focus on given the small size of the office. They should have had a larger company to work with.

I enjoyed it. Pam’s drunken endorsement of that horrible, horrible award show ceremony made me fall in love…

Oh, and the temp’s reaction to receiving the “Sexiest” award was gold. GOLD!

“I don’t know what im going to do with it…thats the least of my worries right now.”

The whole 9 Seasons of The Office, 198 Episodes of it is on sale in iTunes for a mere $30!

Edit: wow! 13 years later necro!

I just saw a Youtube ad featuring Stanley and his heart condition trying to sell us “Heart Healthy” Honey Nut Cheerios.

https://youtu.be/q4fblVoNT64

Tom Chick on the front page of Reddit today.

Such a pivotal episode, in retrospect. Pam was always in Michael’s corner after that episode, trying to protect him from himself, in most cases.

It really was one of the most standout moments in the show.

I thought the moment where Pam and Michael’s friendship really blossomed was the Bird Funeral – a few episodes before Gil and “Motel Art”, but the same season.

The Bird Funeral episode seems so stupid and dumb and you’re laughing at them…and then godammit Pam has the whole room crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLQ3vQtx5Q

It’s not a great article, but Slashfilm’s story of Pam’s watercolor painting of the building includes a mention of Qt3’s favorite boyfriend:

The problem is almost nobody else from the office showed up to help bolster Pam’s confidence, with the exception of Oscar and his snooty boyfriend Gil.

Yay for Gil! His casual dismissal of Pam’s work creates the “heartbeat of the show” according to the showrunners.