The Official Qt3 Quoteboard

It’s happened to you. You’re scanning a thread on Qt3 and then suddenly you have to stop, smile and appreciate someone’s quip, biting one-liner, rejoinder or insight.

We all love finding these comments. It’s part of the reason we are Qt3 fans - there are just some damn funny and smart people participating in this forum.

And with that in mind, I’m proposing this serve as the Official Qt3 Quoteboard.

If you find something particularly funny or insightful in these forums, feel free to post it here. Just make sure to include the context in which the quote was offered or otherwise your diamond in the rough is going to come across like a needle falling in the woods with only one hand clapping to hear it (or put another way: as a non-sequitur).

In a thread about Microsoft and Nintendo joining forces to tackle Sony, Gary Whitta initially wrote:

To which zabuni responded:

To which Whitta finished with:

“We all love finding these comments. It’s part of the reason we are Qt3 fans - there are just some damn funny and smart people participating in this forum.”

Context:
This is an ironic commentary on the notion that some people just don’t comprehend the notion of having in-depth discussions about game development and other related topics, instead preferring to encapsulate everything into sound bites suitable for mass-consumption. Certainly there are plenty of in-jokes and institutional mocking concerning specific topics, but more often than not these arise in response to trite comments about some oft-rehashed aspect of game development, industry press, and the support structure that enables them.

I rate this thread a 7/10 (IGN adjusted).

• Alan

We alreadt tried a quote thread, “Quote of the Week,” I believe. It died after the first day, IIRC.

Good thing, too, IMO. Before long it would be all BillD, Matt Gallant and Ben Sones in any case.

I liked Word of the Day, though.

Troy

Damn… this one post was funny, biting, devastating and insightful all at once. And yet I loathed seeing it on the quoteboard.

…and Beschizza.

Me, too, and I always wanted to be on it, but my hopes for megalomonocular to make the grade were dashed.

Needs more Koontz.

A day without Koontz is like a day without diarrhea.