The Opposition Thread

I’ve had a couple of friends talk seriously about leaving the country, one thought about suicide.

I’d rather fight.

Fuck these douchebags. “The real America” is John Adams, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Harriet Tubman, Robert Gould Shaw, W.E.B. Du Bois, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, George Takei, Dr. King, and, yes, Meryl Fucking Streep. It’s big shining cities on the coasts crammed with liberals, museums, and fantastic food from a hundred other countries. That’s worth fighting for and I ain’t going anywhere.

I’m with you. So glad I live in California.

And a lot of other places too. Just because (for example) Austin has the misfortune of being in Texas doesn’t mean it isn’t worth fighting for.

Keep Austin Weirder Than Trump!

Don’t forget Chicago, we roundly reject clownface von fuckstick.

Also @JonRowe I won’t forget you and Wisconsin. Just because your state boned up… well ok, drastic intervention may be needed there with your governor.

We need help here too- we got good cities as well.

Just for the record I didn’t mean to shortchange inland cities. Was going for brevity/pith :P

I am still deeply ashamed of my home state.

At least you have a concrete an plausible path towards changing things.

a) get rid of Walker
b) get rid of his state house cronies
c) reverse his vote supression initiatives

Granted a and b are harder due to c, but life isn’t easy. For me I don’t know what practical steps are available, other than supporting demonstrations against Trump/ his initiatives. Which, sure, but it feels rather pointless.

Chicago…my favorite city. I grew up in Illinois and visited the museums and art galleries many times. It has a special vibe.

As someone born and bred in Wisconsin, I feel you.

Those of us, in this thread, vs. the Trumpnazis:

We, we will resist and bite!
Bite hard
'Cause we are all in sight
We, we take up arms and fight!
Fight hard!
Resist and do what’s right!

etc etc

Originally penned during the Bush/ Blair years, but still valid.

Qt3 Playlist for the Revolution yo!

Take this with a grain of salt, since I love metal, but I skipped to 3:10 in the song to get to the point and thought I was listening to Richard Marx! :P

Something evil
something malicious
is burning up the ancient’s world
may our brothers stay alive
and may freedom survive

Calls of distress
brothers, count on us
we’re standing back to back
do not surrender, do not give in
we’re ready to attack

Brother, I live in Utah. If you ever hang your head in shame, rest assured we’ll be in view.

OK, all you good people in crappy states move down here to Florida and we’ll practically never lose another election again.