The Opposition Thread

If I said “10 billion” would that get you to contribute to my campaign/kickstarter/Patreon/webseries/self-published book entitled “100 Ways Trump and Jesus are Strikingly Similar”?

</scruples off>

That’s what struck me about Trump’s “religion”. It wasn’t like he was even making a legitimate attempt to pretend he had religion. He never pretended to be pious or anything.

He had such an absurd disregard for their religion and values as to be grossly insulting. Things like, “I eat the little cracker, and sip a little wine”.

Dude, that’s kind of the body of Christ. It’s KIND OF A BIG DEAL.

It was just like, not only did he not give a shit about their religion, but he was basically treating them like suckers who were so stupid that they’d buy into whatever he was selling, no matter how shitty he treated them.

And then they freaking did, so I guess he had it figured out pretty good.

I’ve always said this. Christ is the ultimate liberal. That there are “conservative Christians” at all makes almost no sense. All they do is quote the Old Testament, you know that part without that pesky Christ in it. It’s just an excuse to judge people and pretend to be morally superior to them.

Relevant article, linked from my FB, of all places.

Get that transubstantiationist voodoo outta here!

The Bible’s also an extremely rich, long, internally inconsistent, and complex text from which many quotes can be pulled to give a sheen of divine authority to any number of doctrines or political positions. Most (in)famously, of course, there were Southerners who used Biblical excerpts to justify the morality of slavery.

And then later use it against mixed race marriage.

That is a good distilation of how I feel, vis a vis Christianity and Trump.

It is also an argument with a wall. Believe me, I have not gone easy on my family about it.

Just sharing my love of Rick Wilson. I don’t agree with him politically on too much, but this stuff is great.

Poetic opposition by the George Saunders. Probably won’t sway too many Trump enthusiasts:

https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeSaundersFans/posts/1254664397974281

Paid rioters get their comeuppance in Arizona law:

But the real heart of the legislation is what Democrats say is the guilt by association — and giving the government the right to criminally prosecute and seize the assets of everyone who planned a protest and everyone who participated. And what’s worse, said Sen. Steve Farley, D-Tucson, is that the person who may have broken a window, triggering the claim there was a riot, might actually not be a member of the group but someone from the other side.

The fuck is wrong with Republicans? Stupid question I guess.

Trigger warning, Mother Jones link incoming:

Quote from a different forum

The drooling GOP fanatics are so gullible and fucked in the head that they would cut off each other’s arms and legs if they were told extremities were a liberal conspiracy.

Edit: One more. Better build a wall because

Note to smugglers. Maybe consider hiding the bad stuff in something that isn’t also illegal.

I love my congresswoman.

The good news is that George Soros will compensate every one of this paid protesters who have had their assets seized by law enforcement.

Holy fucking shit.

Please board Republicans, explain to me how your votes are not a capital-E-Evil act every single time.

Mostly because I want to watch you twist :)

Good job, Arizona, you’ve outdone Florida.

And North Carolina. Perhaps we need to beat up a new state. How about a new state slogan for their travel promotions. Ditat Deus needs a tweak
‘Arizona: Ditat Deus Uranium every time you toke’