The Opposition Thread

People wanting to sneak into the country surely would never use a boat.

Speaking troll to power.

Countdown to “NO U” tweet from our Commander in Chief …

You know… the funny thing about this all is, Arnold would be considered a “joke” candidate, but I think he would do a 100% better job than our current president.

Can we… um… consider him for the democratic nod? Trump v. Schwarzenegger 2020?

Please.

Not unless the US annexes Austria.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance…

Well, the natural born citizen clause is something of great debate, and it is thought that a court case could be won over that. Marco Rubio and Bobby Jindal would both be denied, as they were born in the U.S. their parents weren’t citizens at the times of their birth, so they weren’t “citizens from birth”. But that didn’t stop them from running in the primary, and you can bet the GOP would have gotten that part of the constitution changed. I think it should be.

And you know who hates immigrants that were born in the U.S.?

Either way, I think he just doesn’t care enough to run, maybe a VP pick?

I mean, it was built to stop foreign agents from being president, and… it sure looks like you don’t have to be a non-citizen for that to have happened.

Maybe natural born just means he was born with a midwife and no drugs!

As far as I can tell, and I’m not a local politics guy, Arnold was a pretty ‘meh’ governor over here and left some messes for Brown to deal with, although that may be on the legislature more than on the governor.

Still, he’s obviously way smarter and more disciplined than Trump, and probably less evil (they’re both pussy grabbers though), and the mere fact that he believes in climate change makes him about 10,000 times better, IMO. But then, the survival of the human species on the only known biosphere that can sustain it is kind of a pet issue of mine.

The Arnold understood politics about as well as the Donald does.

Yeah, but he’s not a disgusting piece of shit human being.

That’s debatable…

Well, he is no angel either. Holding the Arnold up as a wonderful option is like preferring cat shit over dog shit.

In that case, I go on the record as a cat person.

Really? On the scales of political shitiness Arnies issues with women balance out Trump’s gargantuan stack of crap? Or does Arnie have other issues Im not aware of?

Premiere Magazine did a takedown piece on Arnold in 2001 alleging some serious sexual harassment/groping stuff. I don’t know if the article is online anywhere but then-editor Glenn Kenny references it in his blog: http://somecamerunning.typepad.com/some_came_running/2011/05/memories-of-arnold.html

Oh, looks like someone archived it here: Arnold the Barbarian

Typical quote:

Anna Richardson of Big Screen claims that after the cameras stopped rolling for her interview segment, Schwarzenegger, apparently attempting to ascertain whether Richardson’s breasts were real, tweaked her nipple and then laughed at her objections. ‘I left the room quite shaken,’ she says. ‘What was more upsetting was that his people rushed to protect him and scapegoated me, and not one person came to apologize afterward.’

No idea if this stuff is true (wouldn’t put it past the Gubernator) and assuming he and Trump are a wash on the creepo factor that still puts Arnold way ahead. But anyway.

He didn’t do a great job in California by most accounts, but I’d still take him over Trump in an instant.

As a pol, Schwarzenegger is an ordinary old establishment Republican who appears not to be evil. His policies and platforms were never good, and his administration of California wasn’t successful. I’d rather have any uncorrupt Democrat in charge of pretty much anything.

But on the scale from 1 to Trump he’s not even registering due to all the intense evil radiated by the current administration. For any position from school board to President he’d be infinitely more desirable than any Republican since, I don’t know, maybe Eisenhower.