The Orville - Seth MacFarlane takes on Star Trek

That’s awesome news, I had been assuming this was a one season show this entire time, and enjoying it for all that. Looking forward to watching it again… tonight? Is it back now that baseball is over finally?

I think it’s back? Hope so at least. And yeah, most shows I love only last a season on Fox (I’m still seriously mad about Almost Human), but I’m glad this one bucked the trend.

Excellent news. It’ll be very interesting to see how the tone changes in a second season.

Oh come on, they only missed one week.

Stupid baseball. Especially since Houston won. Back to The Next Generation: Part Deux!

Yes! This makes me so happy. More Next Generation!

I am also happy this is renewed. It is it’s own version of the TREK I loved the most (TNG).

*Bold part doesn’t look right , but sounds right in my head.

At least you didn’t go with “It’s It’s”!

(I think you want “It is its”)

Fuck the more I stare at that the more I hate my native language.

@ineffablebob I actually secretly enjoyed having a little less TV for a bit there, I have a lot of shows on my plate these days and games to play as well. :)

Glad to see the renewal. The show has been getting more consistent with each episode. It’s nice to be able to relax now knowing I can go ahead and get invested in the show since it will return for at least another 13 episodes next season…hopefully more since Season One was an intentionally limited run while they gambled on it’s success.

Great! I think there’s a lot of potential for season 2 to be better as they learn what the right balance is between serious and comedic.

I’m still seriously mad about Space: Above and Beyond.

Space: Above and Beyond had some pretty cool aliens, if I recall.

Oh fuck me too, I still rewatch it on DVD. I just used Almost Human as the most recent example for me. I mean I’m still fucking pissed about Alien Nation, even though it did get some awesome TV movies IT WASN’T ENOUGH.

I liked Alien Nation the tv show because it had the dude from Robot Jox in it. But the movie version of George Francisco was better.

A-fucking-men, bro. That shit was cash money!

Still, glad to hear this renewal news.

I’ve also decided that The Orville is what you’d get if the guys behind the TNG Season 8 twitter were allowed to make the most blatant copy of TNG as a vehicle for their ideas. . . as long as it wasn’t actually just TNG. And then if they had to work for Seth Macfarlane as their head writer.

https://twitter.com/tng_s8

ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS PARE IT DOWN SO IT’D BE KARL URBAN AND MICHAEL EALY IN A CAR SHOOTING THE SHIT AS THEIR CHARACTERS. I’d have watched the fuck out of that show.

Sigh, yeah.

Edit: Man, I’m so happy someone made this:

It’s too bad that Fox reordered the episodes for broadcast so that some things made way less sense. It was a pretty neat show.

I still don’t understand that at all. They did the same thing with Firefly. Someone tried to tell me the Orville is out of order as well, but I’ve not seen confirmation of that.

Yup, “It is its” is right. But so is “It’s its…” Weirdly enough, “It’s it’s” highlights the error and makes it easier to spot.

The possessive of “it” is “its.” “It’s” is a contraction of “it is" (or “it has”), and it’s never a possessive. /grammar nazi

We now return you to your regular programming…. It’s a wise network that renews its good shows!

Well the only real way to tell is references to Vortas’s child since it’s the only thing likely to carry over. Maybe what’s her name’s love life.

Woo hoo! That 2nd year of English class in college did pay off!

025AD908-53F0-4BF8-A864-D15CDD8D7AA4