The Orville - Seth MacFarlane takes on Star Trek

Just got around to watching the third episode and it was a thorough winner. Remind me who the criminally pissed off father was again in the Star Trek canon? He was a child actor way back when, wasn’t he?

He was Dr. Phlox on Enterprise. Don’t know about the child actor part.

That was the holographic doctor, yes?

No the holographic doctor from Voyager was the other guest star, playing Alara’s father. The criminally pissed off father was Dr. Phlox from Enterprise.

I recognized him from that weird yet awesome The Man from Earth movie.

Sorry, got the two characters names backwards. Yes, father was the hologram.

Has Jeffrey Alan Combs been through yet. He has got to be my favorite Star trek guest star.

He was Brunt and Wayoun in DS9 and Shran, the Andoria officer in Enterprise.

Yeah, him and James Sloyan are my favorites.

I would give anything for Andrew Robinson (Garak) and Marc Alaimo (Dukat) to guest star as frenemies.

Oh, I love Garak. He pretty much stole the show for me.

I haven’t gotten to Garak yet. Almost done with season one though.

:D

He isn’t in Orville , he was on DS9.

I. Would. Die. OMG. Just die.

I am well aware, that’s what I’ve been watching!

Garak is in season one of DS9, but briefly. He REALLY starts to shine in season two.

Garak vs Commander Shran!

“Grey Skin!”

Thanks, and never mind about the child actor thing. I was confusing him with Peter Billingsley of A Christmas Story fame.

Hmm well I’m about three episodes from the end of S1 and he hasn’t appeared yet. The Cardassians in general only showed up twice since the beginning of the series so far.

Oh my bad, he only shows up in the very beginning of season one. Also, are you using this guide?

It’s great.

I looked, but I’m basically just watching it in order. I’ve even enjoyed most of the lesser episodes.

Most.

The Storyteller was really bad though.