The Other Guys

It was a bit low brow, but I still laughed at a few bits. I didn’t realize the other two competing cops, the black one was Damon Wayans, Jr. He looks a lot like his dad.

I watched it again tonight for the 3rd time and it really is just as funny as the first time. I have watched the movie with different people each time and they all think its pretty hilarious.

I loved this movie as well. The fate of Samueal Jackson and the Rocks characters may be one of my favorite comedy moments ever written. It just showed up on netflix, those who haven’t seen it are in for a treat. And it holds up very well on repeat viewing because there are so many great lines.

Odds are, you’ll love that movie 9 times out of 10.

I liked it too btw.

It Stinks!. Few yucks. Weak performances. Dull action scenes. Failed execution of concept. Nice to see Michael Keaton in any movie but you would better spend 90 minutes watching Johnny Dangerously.

Babelfish Gene Shallit?

Easily my favorite Marky Mark movie since Three Kings. I don’t know if that says much. I liked The Fighter but that was after this. Also my favorite The Rock performance since Be Cool. He was pretty great in that. Uh, least annoying Rosie Perez appearance? Also best Derek Jeter as himself since the time he was on Rachel Ray. Not that I saw that or anything.

“At the crime scene, lol”
“Good tweet”

I was going to post something just about exactly like this myself.

I just watched this on Movie Central and thought it was pretty uneven. Long stretches were not funny or even interesting but some of the gags and lines worked well. I liked the off-kilter stuff but it almost felt like two movies – an utterly uninspired crime drama on the one hand and a mildly surrealist comedy on the other. I’d have preferred more of the latter.

Just watched this in a room full of boys aged 11-14. Their giggling made the movie that much funnier.

I found it mostly uneven as well, but I do really think nearly everything from the opening to the leap of faith is nearly perfect.

Agreed. It’s almost as if they created this great opening and then had to figure out how to hang the rest of the movie on it.

Yeah, the first half of this or so is really pretty awesome, and the second half or so kind of sucks except for a few decent moments. Explaining the running gag about Will Ferrell’s character having all these hot exes has to be one of the most egregious fridge-nukings in movie history.