The Outer Worlds - Obsidian's Fallout New Vegas in Space

We have reviewsign?

Yes we do

Sounds right up my alley and pretty awesome. I’m ready for launch day.

Christ, I clicked on the Gamespot and it went out of it’s way to assault all my senses.

Deafening music video, followed by 3 pop ups. This is WITH adblocker. God help those who go there without it.

The Outer Worlds is an impressive spiritual successor to Obsidian’s work on Fallout: New Vegas, mixing familiar design elements and the same zany attitude with an imaginative new universe and even deeper role-playing. While you can breeze through the main questline a bit quicker than in similar games, this is the sort of RPG experience you’ll want to play through multiple times, with multiple builds, to see all the systems and narrative paths on offer.

The combination of The Outer Worldsstunning visuals and immersive story telling have positioned the game to be an amazing start to a beloved franchise. We’ve only just scratched the surface with Halcyon’s tale, and I am certain Obsidian has begun planting seeds for its future.

https://www.gamespew.com/2019/10/the-outer-worlds-review/

Put the essence of the Fallout, Mass Effect and Borderlands series into a blender, and what you get is The Outer Worlds . It’s an open-world adventure that lets you visit run-down planets and face their hostilities. There are people to recruit, relationships to maintain and difficult decisions to be made. And it’s all wrapped in a lighthearted tone, although not at the expense of a strong story; The Outer Worlds really does have good dialogue. It’s just a shame that you spend so much time running though environments that feel deader than Fallout’s wastelands.

As a treasure hunter and explorer at heart, this is actually a super duper negative for me.

Other reviews have mentioned the exploring and treasure finding are good. I think there is just not enough combat encounters out in the wild? We will soon find out for ourselves!

I could deal with that - games like The Witcher 3 have overlands totally stuffed with enemies. A relatively empty one would be a nice change.

Exactly, after having recently played Technomancer and seeing a dozen or so hours of Greedfall, I am totally ok with a game world not having combat encounters every 15 feet.

@Jason_McMaster will the Alabama Thor be making an appearance as a focused melee character in this game?

I am so hard right now.

Well, there’s no need for it to be an either/or.

They really get me.

The Fallout/Mass Effect mashup I’m really holding out for is Starfield, but I’m still totally looking forward to this.

Well this is reviewing very well and the reviews have me super excited. Happy that it is on gamepass so I can just jump in without agonizing over whether or not I need to drop some cash.

That will be a Fallout 4/Mass Effect mashup. Or likely even further down the Bethesda path of sprinting away from role-playing.

$60 is steep for me right now… any sales? My choices are MS Store or Epic, right?

I got nine bucks off at GMG.

Can’t you just do game pass for $5?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is still $1 for 30 days here for new subs: