The Outsider - Bateman, Medelsohn, Stephen King, HBO

I’m liking it also! Total slow burn.

Agreed that I like the slowness. Inertia can be a great driving force, but this show has such great acting and writing that I love all the little moments. Sure, you could condense it into 6-8 episodes without losing any plot, but plot is just the icing on the cake.

I really enjoyed the episode last night. A lesser show would have handled the cave flashback sequences with more hand-holding. This is probably my favorite show currently airing(well, maybe tied with Better Call Saul). I hope HBO continues with these miniseries ideas like this and Watchmen.

Ho. Ly. Shit.

I’m gonna have to wait a week now? Dammit!!!

So good and so bummed it’s almost over. Good King can really create some great characters with minimal amounts of time given to them. And the screenwriters did a great job transferring that to this show. I may have to read a new King book at some point if he’s doing this strong of a story again. I honestly can’t remember the last one I read.

The wife and I have really been enjoying this one too. I did read the book last year and really wasn’t that impressed but I think the show has been better. After each episode I’m ready for more which is always a good sign. With some shows when I have multiples queued up I can’t watch many in quick succession without getting bored or burned out but this one has been an exception.

My one pet peeve are the background music/sounds, too much of that weird “bass” sound that’s in all the movie trailers now days. I know this is crappy description, but it really sticks out to me when I hear it. It seems like it could be a good drinking game trigger ;-)

Sad it’s almost over! I’ve really enjoyed getting to know all these characters, even if I’m nervous about King sticking the landing (though Price, Lehanr and company could opt for a different ending).

Rumors of a second season. I imagine it would have to be an anthology series, due to the difficulty in keeping a cast this high-profile together.

Pretty good final episode. I thought for sure they were going to have a Paddy Considine swap at the end, but it all went pretty straightforward. And I guess it’s supposed to be up in the air if the monster is actually dead? I don’t feel like a second season would work very well if it’s just El Cuco again.

Did you watch the post-credits scene?

I almost missed it, but yup! The scratch seemed ominous, but I suppose it only works if El Cuco survived the head smash.

Ultimately loved the main theme – police procedural vs supernatural entity. Stephen king refines his world a bit, but I loved most of this. I liked the secondary theme: how do we deal with a potential supernatural entity being rock solid cops and realists.

Good show. Great actors. I regret the sniper killings that were probably gratuitous.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I put it on at first just to have something on in the background and then got so deeply engrossed I didn’t do any work :P

This one had all the right ingredients in just the right measure. Great character actors, tight script, wonderful grounded atmosphere and a sprinkling of scary. I see that some episodes were written by Denis Lehane and it has that similar Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone kind of atmosphere. Special shout out to Ben Mendelsohn who plays the stoic, skeptic cop to perfection. Really good stuff.

Had a great time with this. I enjoyed the slow burn and I thought they generally stick the landing. Yes, it could very easily have been 8 eps. Or even 6. But the acting and characters were pretty top notch so I find myself digging the slow pace. And I thought the first 14 min or so of the finale was tense as all hell.

Edit: because My God! does apple’s auto-finish suck so hard and totally screw up real words and legible sentences with crap.

Just finished Ep1. That was quite an opening.

I’m two episodes in and I’m really impressed. I read the book a couple months back and thought it was mostly just okay.

I enjoyed this whole series very much. I agree with Kristi that the first part of the finale was pretty excessive but that was my only complaint.

I’d been looking forward to watching this again, along with Chernobyl, because I thought my wife would enjoy both series but I guess now we’ll be sticking with comedy and escapism thankuverymuch!

I loved the buildup but found the end disappointing. Still, I enjoyed the performances enough to consider it worth watching.

God I am not sure I can watch Chernobyl again. That blue radiation of the first day … That show was so realistic that it almost hurt. Wait --ok you talked me into it.

He gives a great performance, but for some reason, hearing Paddy Considine speak with an American accent is very jarring. When reading the book, I totally cast that part in my mind with Mark Boone Junior, but I quite like this take on Claude.

yeah first episode of Chernobyl is singularly of the best tv shows in the last --uh – well, 2 years. Just awesome. Made me want to do what Bat suggests and play stalker.

I just finished it. It’s very Stephen King, and I loved it was terrified by it at times.

But one thing not resolved: it seems pretty clear there’s another Cuco running around, right? The DA was called in about another kid’s body being found elsewhere, and then later he’s looking at the photos.