The Owl House

Gross.

Hey man I had to rewatch the entirety of She Ra in lieu of doing anything with my life late last year.

Owl House is back for its second season, on episode 5 now.

21 episodes this season and ending after third season which consists of 3 44 minute episodes.

My kids are very annoyed that it’s on the disney channel (which we don’t have) and not yet on disney+ (which we do have).

Disney seems to delay everything until the show is run. Someone does seem to post the complete episode right after it airs on Youtube though.

Yeah, this is a very annoying thing they do, seemingly putting more value on the Cable channel than their subscription service.

I’ve just been digital DVRing it via my YouTube TV sub, but it definitely does devalue D+ in my eyes that I’ve gotta do that…

Sad that they’ve basically precancelled it. Showrunner implied on Twitter that she’d REALLY hoped for more space to wrap the story up. Since they got word on the truncated S3 length after production on S2 was largely wrapped, I’m afraid that’ll mean a rushed ending to an amazing show.

It seems like there’s a bit of a culling going on at Disney for their traditional animated series. This and DuckTales, but also like Elena and the Tangled show ended recently (glancing at the various Disney Channels lineups, the only significant ones still airing that I recognize are Big City Greens and Amphibia, and more Miraculous, but that’s not really Disney produced. There’s also some animated Descendants content).

Several of those had 3-ish seasons, so it seems like that might just be the lifespan of a Disney show these days, but it also seems possible that they killed some of those shows to get out of contracts or to otherwise consolidate onto Disney+. Like, I could see their metrics saying that for Disney+ usage, only really big-name recognizable titles get views, so they’re pivoting to more movie tie-ins (apparently, they’ve announced some variety of series based on Baymax, Tiana, Moana, Zootopia). Also, a lot of post-pandemic Disney channel content is literally zoom meetings with kids, so maybe they just make the reality TV calculation that it’s way cheaper and more profitable.

I won’t say no to more Zootopia content, and Moana’s island-hopping seems a perfect fit for an episodic show, but it looks like there’s a lot less variety coming down the pipe in the future.

Somewhat oddly, Encanto seems to have a tiny bit of conceptual overlap with Owl House (Latin America + outsider in a magic-y world).

It kind of feels to me like Disney screws over it’s creators shows too in an almost Fox like fashion. Gravity Falls air dates were a mess, and there was that recent kerfuffle with the season finale of Amphibia getting suddenly pulled.

Anyone still watching this? Two episodes until the S2A finale. No filler episodes at all for a 22 episode season.

Also, if you like The Owl House quality fan art that looks like the show made it, look up MoringMark on Tumblr and/or /u/makmark on Reddit.

Sadly, not till it comes on Disney plus.

Yeah, it seems like they are releasing it onto Disney Plus a few episodes at a time. I think the first six or so are on there now? I’m hopeful they bring the rest of it faster than it took for the first season.

Does D+ have S2E1-5 now? Apparently D+ Canada doesn’t have it at all.

Yeah, I see the entire first season and S2E1-5 on Disney Plus right now.

The episodes are on YT if you just search for The Owl House S02E#

They general take cuts or have poor quality. At least often enough for me just to wait for Disney plus.

Also, my watching it shows up on Disney’s metrics, which helps show how popular the show is

Not sure when it happened, but season 2 is now on D+ up through episode 10.

Look seven posts up.