The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (ACG?) that deserves its own thread

And now their site prepopulated an incorrect playfab ID for me that I couldn’t edit and now I don’t have my reward for having purchased the Rise of the Runelords bundle. Boy, this weekend has been fucking excellent. :P

Y’all had me spooked for the difficulty here.

Was fairly easy to go through the steps. Was worried I’d enter an incorrect PlayFab ID since that was the only part that wasn’t just clicking a button, but even when I screwed up a number, it didn’t register and told me to check it again. Saw my error and entered it and voila. I’m upgraded to Obsidian Edition.

I 'm more than a little worried on this whole linking process. Would any of those who successfully walked through the process be willing to give me the step by step for dummy’s version of the process?

Also is there a way to know for sure before I start that my iOS version qualifies for it all?

Did you see the link posted by warrenac above? The devs provide step-by-step instructions with pics.

If you purchased the Rise of the Runelords bundle on mobile, you qualify. Otherwise, review your Pathfinder Adventures purchase history in iTunes to see if it totals at least $24.99. If so, you qualify.

Not sure if this was discussed: is it possible to link two desktop installs together? I want to be able to play on both my gaming PC and MacBook. After lots of trouble I was finally able to link my iPad to my account at least.

Got tired of trying to figure out how to link my Steam version with my iphone f2p version. So I just purchased the iphone app…again (I’d bought it a while back with an old iphone account).

Anyway, it’s a super great mobile game. But the iphone app is significantly a poorer purchase. Only one red extra dice set. None of the alternate chars, and probably some cards or something else missing from the Steam version. The main thing I would have liked on the app is the dice sets. They’re about 1.50 a piece (using the space-bucks to dollar conversion). Or bundles for a minimum of 20. Blah!

The third scenario is kicking my ass. I’m constantly running out of turns. I only came close once and lost a 80% roll to take out the villain about midway thru the game and it was downhill from there.

Purchased this on Sunday. Haven’t been able to play since. 30 minutes into the fun of linking my accounts and getting my party together the application crashed, taking every card I purchased with it. No response from support yet. I feel like I can’t play it until they help me recover it. What a pain. Yeah Steam version is very buggy, slow and and the online component evidently not very stable.

In my playing (both iphone and steam: not linked) I don’t think I’ve crashed or seen any bugs except that one day where it kept saying there was an update but the store didn’t have one. Well, other than not being able to link them, though that’s as much due to the insane design of how to link as opposed to a bug. Both have been stable for me otherwise. But now that I’ve said that…

I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer by any means, and it took me 5 minutes or less to link my Steam purchase and my ipad purchase for the Obsidian upgrade.

Haven’t had anything like a crash at all across 8 hours of play.

I think my problem was that I had linked my iphone app to an account prior to the steam purchase. So when I tried linking my iphone app back to the PC version using the link code created on the PC it kept just sitting there forever. Anytime I logged out of the iphone app it would always log me back into the account created on the iphone and never give me the option to enter a different login name. My understanding was that this was due to the asmodee account created on the iphone being linked to the iphone itself. Or maybe it was a bug of some sort. Regardless, if you’re going to have cross platform linking for an app that has a un/pw, maybe just have shit linked via un/pw not some random number generated to tie accounts down to hardware. Meh…still love the game.

Whelp it looks like Obsidian is trying to help me. CSR is rather friendly actually and chatty. They’ve tried a couple of times so far, but I’ve got a feeling the next attempt might actually do it. It sounds like they have to push the system to think I just purchased the game… again. I have no idea how this happened, still.

I am kind of relieved to get a human talking to me, a kind of funny individual actually, compared to the middle finger I usually get from a lot of game support staff (well okay not a middle finger but the can’t care enough to respond approach).

That’s good news!

Yeah my rep helping me may or may not have threatened to hunt down a programmer if he doesn’t get to fixing my account like pronto. I think they may have given me a few chests as extras since I told them I haven’t played since the bug happened out of fear I would make any recovery effort… more difficult.

Aw, man, I thought Obsidian was so helpful to me because I’m a pretty big deal. But it turns out that’s just the way they are?

-Tom, deflated

Seems like it. I got my issue handled reasonably quickly and directly considering I hit it on a weekend and they’ve got to be getting a lot of support requests at the moment.

Been playing around with this the past couple days, and I am getting to the point where I feel like I almost understand the immediate workings of the game. So now I am looking at strategy:

Is there a manual or wiki any place?
Is there ever any choice to change characters’ classes to elite classes, or any similar thing to be planning for?
Is there any advice anywhere as to what is important over the long run? I mean, choosing classes and choosing skill upgrades, I feel I am flying totally blind. I don’t mean any offense to the game, but so far I have no sense that it’s like a regular RPG where you can choose the type of game to play – always fight or depend on stealth or look for diplomatic options. It feels very much on rails, so that if the game makes a lot of scenarios depend on a particular skill, then that’s what you better have.

Rulebook for the physical game will get the job done, I think.

http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PZO6000-Rulebook.zip

There is an “advanced” class you pick after chapter 3. Two options for each class (such as Weapon Master for Fighter or Assassin for Rogue).

Most of the things you pick will either be a skill feat (improving a skill or adding a new one, such as the Fighter’s Teamwork skill that adds 1d4 to a combat someone else is having at his location, or the Cleric’s ability to discard a Divine trait card to restore 1d4 cards from the discard pile to someone at her location) or a card feat, which is literally adding more of a type of card (like Weapons, Blessings, Allies) to the deck. My advice for this is to pick the type of card that you like best mostly. Though if you are never not sure, try to add more blessings and allies to decks as they tend to be card you can ditch to explore again, which is really critical if you find yourself running out of time while doing a scenario.

Well I guess they figured out what I did to make my game go bananas:

With your help we figured out why your cards seemed to have disappeared.

Basically, our deck management screen had a fault in it where a player would be able to drag cards from their collection into a deck and while adjusting the deck and dragging cards back INTO collection (which it shouldn’t be allowed to do) it went into a limbo state and “disappeared”.

This would only ever happen is the user was adjusting their decks prior to running their first scenario because after that there is no collection tab in the deck management screen.

I don’t really remember doing this, but it sounds like something I might do. I loaded up my game, added a fighter and spent twenty minutes messing around with everyone deck before starting everything like a good little RPG player. Then I tried to exit deck manager and everything… well died.

Just now getting around to the PC game. So good. Don’t understand half of what just happened (all 5 tutorials done). But so good.

If I have one complaint is that I wish there was a bit more info to plan for a scenario. Is the only way to really plan for what might come up is if you lose the scenario first and keep track of what you encounter?

Not being able to plan means I just try and put together a general party that can handle what may come up. Putting together a party based on more info would be fun.

Still, I really enjoy playing through the scenarios. I’m on campaign 3, The Hook Mountain Massacre.

I guess I thought of a second complaint. The difficulty of finishing on time is greatly affected by the random card shuffle. I’ve run out of time twice so far, and when I replayed it won each one easily. This wasn’t because I changed my tactics, the henchmen were just earlier in the decks.

These are not major complaints though, but addressing them I think would make the game even better.