The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (ACG?) that deserves its own thread

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Stone Giants adventure is out on iOS, at long last! The first mission really messed with me due to it’s mechanics squarely countering my party’s strengths, but we persevered and saw our way through. Having a lot of fun with it so far!

I’d love to try except that I can’t seem to get past the “Here Comes The Flood” pack in the Hook Mountain Massacre. I’ve had two separate parties stuck on this one for months. I seem to remember that this was bugged at one point, was this ever patched? The monster still seeems to grab up villagers faster than I can possibly find allies

It was buggy patched, but I think that particular challenge is just really tough if you can’t do it quick enough.

Bear in mind, too, that the number below the monster is just the number of cards he has eaten, not the number of allies he has eaten. So it is not as hopeless as it seems!

Thanks! Yeah tried again this morning and beat it first try! Looking forward to moving on the the next scenarios.

So I’ve had this for a while but just started to really get into it. I noticed that I had some free chests for some reason so I opened them and at one point got a little bag with Blue Steel dice in it. What is this for? I don’t seem them anywhere in my gallery like the rest of the cards I got from the chests.

You can change the dice that each character uses from the party management screen. Nice little feature. I’m finally tackling the last adventure with my ranger, sorceress, and thief party!

So is the dice from the treasure chest different then the dice you can buy from the store? I ask because even though I got that blue steel dice from the chest, when I go to the gallery or in the store, it says I have 0 of the blue steel dice.

It should be the same I think. There are a lot of different dice though.

hmm, ok, when I get home I’ll double check. Maybe it was there all along and I was just not seeing it.

Thanks

Yup, I checked last night and my dice are now showing up.

I have 3000+ gold to spend on stuff. I was thinking about buying a couple new characters, but before I do that do they ever put characters or adventures on sale? Is it better to wait until a sale before I spend my gold if I don’t mind waiting?

It takes a long time to earn gold. Do you just have the free version? They have occasional specials but nothing extraordinary. Also, some stuff can only be bought with money I believe.

Yes, just the free version now. I bought the 2nd adventure that is on sale now but would like to get at least a 3rd character for my party. I’m not at the point I want to spend $25 for the full bundle.

Ah OK, tough to say then as I’m not really sure how much everything costs in gold. It comes with the fighter and Cleric, right?

It comes with the cleric and rogue

Strange combo, hmm. If you do end up getting a character, my favorite is probably the sorceress or the druid. None of them really shine until you gather more loot and unlock some powers though.

The current special, 3 days left, is for $10 – gets you 12,500 gold and legendary dice.

Seems to me the best deal, if you’re not wanting to plunk down $25 for everything, is to spend $2 for a month of 200 gold per day for 30 days. So 6K gold for a couple of bucks if you don’t mind logging in every day.

Meanwhile, I’m still playing with the basic cleric and rogue and have been absolutely stuck on Approach to Thistletop. Can’t seem to get past that. If I plunk down actual cash to buy new characters, do I have to start over at the top of Burnt Offerings or can I just pick up there?

Here’s a quick rundown of how the Story mode works:

When you first start a new Story, you can use a brand new version of a character or one that’s already found new cards, earned rewards, etc. Once you start the Story, that save game becomes independent of any other saves, like its own alternate universe.

In your case, if you bought a new character, you could load that existing save game and add the brand new character to the party or sub him/her in for an existing one. Then you’d continue in that same world. Your new character wouldn’t have the rewards from earlier scenarios though; each character’s adventure progress is tracked separately. But the party as a whole would have access to any scenarios that have been reached in that save game. When you replay a scenario, only characters that haven’t completed it will earn the reward though; no going back for seconds. The main reason to replay a scenario is to find better cards.

So basically you could run through the entire game in a particular save game, then sub in a brand new character and replay the highest scenario and it would work (though the new character would be pretty useless until leveled up). Hopefully that makes sense!

Yes, it does. Thanks for taking the time to explain!

Is it still possible to eventually buy all the adventure decks with gold? How much is it? Would be an awful long grind! I think you receive gold the first time you complete a scenario in a given save game at each difficulty level but repeat attempts only pay out for the highest one.