The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (ACG?) that deserves its own thread

You probably know this, but you can temporarily close locations when the boss shows up. This stops him from running to that location just as effective as if the location was permanently closed. It’s one of the reasons it’s helpful to have a party spread out.

Ezren’s a chump. #Seoni4Eva

True, but when I read his post I was thinking of the times very early in the game when you still have one or two unmanned locations that are open - in this case, do you close the one you are on now when the opportunity presents itself so early, so you can move to another location next turn, or let those other two stay open so you can hunt for more card draws… and hope no one runs into the boss just yet? There is some delightful juggling in the game. Lot of spinning plates.

I prefer Seoni over Ezren too. You give up a little boom-splodeyness on the magic side, but you get all those blessings…

I’d love to have the steam version of this game too but $18 is a bit steep for something that is basically free on the ipad. It looks like it includes the expansions but you can get those for free too if you spend your in game gold to buy it.

Yeah is there any reason for someone who’s pretty much played out the iPad version to get this on PC?

If you didn’t purchase the $25 bundle on the mobile version, then you’re getting everything that bundle had at a reduced price (25% off) for the PC version. But if you don’t mind grinding for gold to unlock all of the heroes, then play it on mobile and save your money.

In my experience the only reason to ever voluntarily not close the location after defeating a henchman is if you somehow know for a fact there’s something tasty in the remaining deck. The time and resources saved by not having those encounters is nearly always more important than the Shortsword or Leather Armor that’s probably all that’s waiting for you in terms of treasure.

Or if there is no, very little, or it would be too costly to bump up the chance to close a location and failing to close said location would be bad. I think I had a situation last weekend where a character would need to pass a combat check, but had a depleted hand and neither the wounds nor the blessings were worth it to try to fist punch it out.

My issue with this is that Ezren is Inteligence/ Arcane focused whereas Seoni’s prime stat is Charisma. I am using the warrior as a gimped Charisma stop gap with his diplomacy boost, and then adding the inteligence stat of Ezren since nobody else in the party can fill that gap remotely.

Is the Ambassador linking piece still not available?

Always remember that Blessings, much like coffee, are for Closers.

Having serious saved games issues, and inspired by Tom’s comments on the stream about his multiplatform experience, I installed the free version of Pathfinder on my iPad to see what would become of my saves there, and if offline mode would be operating.
Well, there was some surprise there:
The synch of the saved games requires inputing the Asmodee login every launch of the game for some reason. But unlike my PC where being offline strips away all my decks and stash, making the game pretty much meaningless to play for me right now, the iPad ironically conserved it all properly for offline use. So there really seems to be a problem on the PC side.

The real surprise was elsewhere though. While I remember the polemic around iOS purchasers having to purchase the game again on Steam, I was very surprised to discover that us, Steam buyers, seem to get the full iOS game! Everything was marked as purchased on my account.

Sadly Pathfinder seems to still be a crashfest on my aging piece of hardware. Flipping the dies feels awesome compared to clicking the mouse, though.

I wonder of that’s true of the Android version as well

Should be.

Sadly I just purchased the full game on iOS about a month ago. I should’ve waited and purchased on Steam to get everything. I’m not sure why new players are being favored over the existing install base.

Not sure if I care enough to drop an additional $18+ for the same game.

How does the gameplay differ in terms of raw playability between PC and mobile (ie., interface, legibility, etc)? I have some old google rewards dollars, but I tend to shy away from mobile games when I could just play it on PC. But… google dollars.

PC version has:

1. Hotkeys and
  2. Tooltips

Both of which are small-ish, but much appreciated improvements to the IOS version.

Unless you have never dealt with a cable company, Im not sure why you dont understand what is a very common business model. Also there are costs to be recouped in developing the game for PC.

Then dont, or do, as you choose. Unless you hate the IOS version, Im guessing you eventually will regardless.

Yikes, argument via cable company business practices! ;-)

I think for those who bought the iOS version early on can more readily justify paying again, a year later. Since I more recently purchased the iOS version I looked at the Steam one; didn’t really care about fancy dice upgrades; noted that the Steam summer sale is just around the corner; and used my $18 to buy ARMA 3 dlc which IS new content for me. I don’t feel like I am owed anything from Obsidian, but their decision contributed to my thought process above.

Yes, that was one of the things that made it such a shitty decision on Obsidian’s part. New PC buyers get the full game on all platforms, and people who bought into the full game on mobile get…well, some DLC now. I’d rather just have the game, personally. I don’t need anything in the Obsidian edition and it represents less real value than the cost of buying the game on PC or mobile. But it is certainly better than the nothing they were offering to start with.