The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (ACG?) that deserves its own thread

I think 3-4 years ago the font would have been large enough, but as I’m getting closer to 50 (almost 48 now) I’m having trouble with small print. I’ve got a Moto g5+ which seems decent enough. Sucks getting old.

I almost failed tutorial 4. I was psyched when I found the 3rd henchman and used my blessings to ensure the victory, thinking I was done. I forgot that to close that location I needed to pass a constitution check, which I then failed. There were only a couple location cards left, but I’d still need to pass the constitution check.

The cleric in the tutorial drew and had 0 cards left in her draw pile. I was able to get by the rest of the cards, but now had to pass the constitution check with a 50% chance. Just made it.

I did the same. It sucks the life out of my phone’s battery, the text is tiny, and sometimes the helpful windows, not just the tutorial, gets in the way of seeing the cards… otherwise it’s a pretty fun and just like the physical game… minus the ability to play with others of course.

Yes this is a major battery drain, only had 1 other game this bad.

You guys aren’t kidding about the battery. I can usually end the day at over 50% left. I’m already down to 22% after playing the tutorial.

I had quite a bit of fun playing through the tutorial on my phone so I’m guessing it’s pretty likely I’ll get this on Steam. Does anyone have any guesses at how much that Goblin DLC will cost on its own based on how other stuff has been priced. I think that is really the only thing I care about in the Obsidian version. The Alts may be worth it, but my guess is that I won’t care too much about them.

Consider the Obsidian editino is only ten bucks or so more. So if the Goblin stuff is… five dollars (which seems like the absolute minimum to me) you save only five bucks by not getting the Obsidian edition and all the goodies that come with it.

Yeah, that’s what killed this game for me. Fun concept, but it was buggy, crashy, and a battery hog. All problems I solved by uninstalling.

I really should look into the PC version and see if that’s better.

You said that all the extras can be disabled, right - like the extra gold, runes, charms, legendary cards, etc? I would like to experience the game with its original balancing.

It’s not that they can be disabled, but you can just ignore them. That’s pretty much what I’m doing (for now).

That said, I don’t think the extras change the original balancing much if at all.

If they can’t be disabled, don’t things like the extra cards show up as loot?

I’m not sure. I think so.

You can opt out of playing with the extra cards in the menu, and you can just not spend gold on charms, runes, or chests.

But I will tell you that stuff is kind of fun*, and the game is pretty brutal. And my time is valuable, so I have no problem buying a charm for a small boost to a chance of claiming a cool spell or a sweet new weapon. And fwiw, I’ve still had to replay plenty of missions where someone died or I failed even so. It’s a pretty hard game, some of those scenarios! :)

*Especially opening chests and getting goodies you can equip right onto your characters. Never gets old, though I did have a Warhammer +3 in my fighter’s deck for most of the game thanks to a very early chest (tutorial, in fact)!

I think i missed out on a chest earlier on and am kind of pissed about it. Apparently I didn’t have a Google Games ID thing since, I don’t often play games on my phone like this.so… but in the end I think this will be a PC purchase. I’ll keep bitching about a card game being ported without MP is a dumb thing to do but it is still fun solo.

It is also a battery drain on the PC (well, if you are a laptop users). On the Mac, it uses so much CPU it qualifies as broken.

I find the game playable even on a tiny iPod screen, once you are acquainted to most of the cards, but a lot of stratregic info requires tapping, as it is hidden to save screen space.

Didn’t want to be a downer since I like the game and I like Obsidian, but the android app is horrifically buggy. I started playing again since the new version gave me enough gold to buy another character alt (Scholar Ezren, seems really good) but trying to play scenario 4-2 to progress some characters I experienced:

• at least 5 reboots of my phone.
  • Half way through the scenario, trying to use Amiri’s power to move Ezren, the “forward” button stops responding, and after exiting/reloading to no avail, had to forfeit the match.
  • Next attempt - got all the way to the villain, halfway through the final fight phone crashes. When I bring the app back up, that save game is blank with permadeath checked. Characters still seem to be around to be added back to a party, but not really feeling the urge to get back into it.

I’ve only shelled out ~$5 for a couple of daily golds and I’ve gotten a good deal of play out of it so can’t complain too much, but, ugh.

Speaking of bugs, I finally understand why my Valeros is appearing/disappearing randomly:

Back to strategy -

When you guys draw a henchman early on (first or second card) and can close a location that early, do you?

I’ve been closing them at the first opportunity because of the time limit, but wonder if I’m missing out on some cool stuff as a result

Almost always, unless I’ve already seen a card in that location that I want. I figure if I want more cards I can always replay the scenario (though I understand this is not an option in the physical game.)

(Academy and maybe General Store are probably the only locations where I might put off closing in favor of exploration, or if I don’t have a junk card to banish for those locations where you have to banish a card.)

This. It depends on how mad I want a card in there and how well my party is holding up. I can be such a greedy player, and I want that potion!

Oh, man, I was so mad. AM so mad. I drew a sweet tier 4 spell with my mage!

And I threw a blessing on it (extra d12) and revealed a robe for +2 more, so I’m sitting on 2d12+9. I mean, this is almost can’t…

two fucking 1’s. Total of 11.

FUUUU