The Playstation 4

I could see extra buttons being useful for all seki-souls-borne games where you want to sprint, run and look at the same time.

If it also disabled L3/R3 on the sticks, that would be awesome

You can unmap buttons on the Xbox Elite, so in theory it certainly could.

I wonder if that’s possible. I know you can remap buttons at a system level on PS4, but disabling stick presses could also make them unavailable for remapping to the paddles since that all happens on device…

Actually, I just checked and the system remapping doesn’t let you disable a button completely anyway.

Year in review thingy:

Top 3:
84 - Project Highrise
59 - Dead by Daylight
50 - Dark Rose Valykrie

33 hours multiplayer
33 hours VR

8$ saved with PS+

Huh. I played only 11 hours on PS4 in 2019. That’s way less than I was expecting. Mostly it was my attempt to beat Living Failures in Bloodborne this year. And I did beat them! So yay! 2019 mission accomplished on PS4.

Bit lopsided, really.

I was considering selling my Pro before the value tanks and putting it towards a PS5 and with these numbers - yea, I should definitely do that.

Alternatively, you could keep it indefinitely and move it from cabinet to cabinet until you no longer have a television that it plugs into. Then keep it another 10 years while you think, from time to time, about how you could recycle old electronics before deciding to give it away online, only to find out that nobody wants it. Oh, wait… I just described my old consoles.

Seems not to work in the UK. I can guess what it would look like though:

1 MLB: The Show 17
2 MLB: The Show 19
3: The Last Of Us Remastered

Whu…? Your old consoles are worth money unless they’re in the 360/PS3/Wii gen currently.

OK… I’m dumb. How are you folks getting the image for you playtime?

Heh, I think my older consoles are treated better than the PS4 has been. Though I do need to downsize the CRT (27" was a mistake) I’ve got a nice corner set up for them and will probably add that new NBA Jam cabinet at some point.

@DaveLong I used Snipping Tool and pasted it in.

Ended up playing JWE on PC instead.

Still need to finish Odyssey!

…ah. OK. I thought maybe there was a way to get images in an e-mail or something that I was missing. I even Tweeted mine to check!

You beat me my total hours by 5 hours!

However, I played 3 games, and you played only 2. So you have me beat on that account.

The reason I don’t want to sell my PS4 yet is I still have the P.T. demo downloaded onto my PS4 from that one E3. I need to get around to that. Then I’ll be free to consider selling it.

Different link

I played a lot of Apex. Probably put another ten hours in on PC if I had to guess as well as at least three or four on Xbox One. Jedi time is interesting to me. That’s my playthrough without doing a lot of backtracking to find stuff I missed on Jedi Master difficulty.

Also…

We were talking about this on Twitter and apparently Free To Play games and those that don’t require PS Plus are not considered online even if they are.

Thanks.

I forgot I played Soma on Playstation, not PC

I played my consoles more in 2019 than any year since probably…Sega Genesis or maybe even the Atari 2600.