The Playstation 4

They’ve closed the studio though. You think they’d staff up and make a new one or just backport the new one to Ps5?

I think it’s been on sale often since before Christmas. That’s almost like its standard price lately.

Thanks. Ever since my wishlist went away, I haven’t been monitoring that price. I remember in a previous sale when I still had a wishlist I think it went down to $13, and I just couldn’t pull the trigger, but at $10, I just did.

4 weeks until r type final 2 and still waiting for the last two Darius titles to ever get a sale price

New on ps now:

Marvel avengers (3 months)
Borderlands 3
Long dark

Have you tried watching My Hero Academia’s new season on Funimation? When I choose an episode from the new season all I get is a black screen. It works fine on Hulu, but I figure I’ll unsubscribe from Hulu in May so I was hoping I could continue watching it with my free 3 month sub to Funimation.

All the old episodes play fine on Funimation.

Hey all, quick question: I see that Days Gone is one of the games-to-keep on offer with PlayStation Plus this month. That’s not just for PS5 owners, right? We PS4 plebs can partake as well?

Yes. Wreckfest is the PS5 game this month

I think Days Gone ended yesterday for everyone, but it’s still part of the PS5 stuff.

Aw, bummer. Really?* Too slow! I already have Wreckfest on PC so it’s not a draw for me.

*I assumed it would go by calendar month.

The games swap the first Tuesday of the month. Just check in at the start of the month and add them to your library, you don’t even need to download them.

Thanks for the info. Oh well, guess I’ll have to hunt up an old-timey disc version if I want to get a good price on it. It looked interesting, but it wasn’t anything I’d have time to play right away.

You know, my Playstation 4 backlog still languishes, despite it looking like a greatest hits collection. Maybe I chose the wrong genre by trying my hand at Uncharted 3, Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn. I should try a different genre. Gran Turismo Sport maybe.

Uncharted 3’s last 3rd
Spider-Man
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete
Wipeout: Omega Collection
God of War
Rez Infinite
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s end
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin (for when I finally get PSVR)
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo Sport

Plus now there’s additional lure of waiting for a PS5 I might own one day to tackle the PS4 backlog, in case it runs better, and with faster loading wasting less of my time. :)

This is where I am, lol.

I did that, and I got to the backlog too soon. I think three games I played now or soon will have upgrade patches to make them better on the PS5.

I enjoyed the original Shadow of the Colossus way more than The Last Guardian. Maybe if you play them in the other order the graphics change and game play will feel like it’s only an improvement. I never did finish The Last Guardian.

While you should save both of these for future generation hardware, play Horizon: Zero Dawn before God of War, just because God of War outshines in every way.

Contrary opinion: H:ZD has a better protagonist, better narrative, better combat, better worldbuilding, and better views.

Mine too. Since I got my Series X, GamePass Ultimate & the Rewards meta game have my PS4 Pro languishing. I keep thinking I should get to a couple of the games I got for Xmas (Last of Us Remastered, the rest of the Nathan Drake/Uncharted Remastered games - finished the first - and the Spider-Man/HZD DLC packages - finished the main games and they were fantastic!).

That’s just crazy.