The Playstation 4

My original 1.5TB 2.5" was still intact so yeah swapping back took 5 min and I’m back up and running. I really just wish sony would let you use external usb 3.0 drives. They are fast enough and work great on my xbox one.

While I’m harping on the ps4 OS I hit another odd thing. I could no longer select screenshots to share. Apparently this is tied to having too many upload notifications. So I went into notifications and manually deleted 100’s of upload notifications ONE BY ONE (and download ones too just in case) and now it all works again.

You can just “mark all as read”, can’t you? Or am I thinking of a different notification area than the one causing you problems?

In the new notifications section there is a mark all as read though I’m not sure if that is the same as deleting the notification. I’ll have to give it a try once more build up.

Can’t answer that for PS4, but I can say that I cleared some space and switched The Witcher 3 over to the SSD in my PC last night, and the load times were much faster - especially fast travel loads, which were in the realm of a second or two.

Is there a per-game setting for when the PS4 will try to upload your saved games to the PS+ cloud storage?

There are only a couple of games I’d like to use that with (for when I go back and forth between the PS4 and PS3), but auto-uploading the save file seems to be an all or nothing setting as far as I can tell. And games like GTAV and Driveclub will eat up that allotted storage, and then you start getting notifications every time you play another game that it failed to upload.

It’s a small thing but a nuisance. Any workarounds or settings I’ve overlooked?

IIRC, the PS3 is opt-in per game, the Vita is manual upload, and the PS4 is auto-upload. But I could be wrong on that, I know I manually backed everything up when I upgraded the HD.

That also has been bugging me. I can’t log into my ps4 anymore without seeing a failed upload notice for a witcher 3 save.

You can also specify for each game whether to automatically upload saved data under (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Saved Data in System Storage].

I’ll have to try this when I get home.

Excellent, thanks ARogan!

The new PS4 version being spotted in Europe now, less noisy and using a lot less power.

Is anyone setting up a Qt3 community on PS4?

Oooo…I’m hoping to grab one around Christmas. I hope the newer quieter model is out, locally, by then.

Very nice, I’ll be all over one of these once they bundle it with Uncharted 4. :)

My son got the Taken King special edition and it was a newer model. The easiest way to tell is whether the front panel buttons are actual buttons (new) or the non-moving capacitive buttons (old).

Nobody had set anything up when I checked yesterday. I couldn’t directly find a way to search for communities, though I didn’t look for very long, I’m sure that’s in there somewhere. But there was nothing from Qt3 in the list of communities my friends had joined.

So I guess I’ll make one tonight? Or someone can? I also don’t know exactly what it accomplishes, but if nobody’s got one going by the time I get home this evening I’ll create one.

Strong rumors that there will be a $50 price drop announced soon – whether it’s for the holidays a la the Xbone last holiday or permanent is unclear.

Anyone have any tips on a good (not expensive) Bluetooth keyboard to use with the PS4, preferably one with a trackpad? I was going to jump on a cheap wireless one, but I don’t want to use up another USB port with a permanent dongle for wifi. Not in a rush for one, but it’d be a nice addition.

I have this one:

Works pretty well with windows. I haven’t tried it with the ps4 though.
It’s cheap though and feels pretty cheap but the layout isn’t half bad.

They just made the price cut in the US official: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/ps4-big-holiday-lineup-lower-cost/

Presumably you’ll see existing bundles discounted as well, like we already saw this week at Target, Best Buy and Amazon for the Taken King bundle.

Should I be excited about Nier: Automata? I love PlatinumGames and it would be the second Playstation exclusive to justify the console purchase!