The Playstation 4

It’s heavenly compared to the Xbox One store, both via console and via web browser. Another reversal from the previous gen.

Really?! Whoa that’s a surprise. I thought Microsoft had the power of the cloud behind them?

I have prepurchased my PS Plus for the next 3 years. The codes have already been entered into my console.

What does that mean for people like me who have prepurchased their codes already? Do I have to pay an additional amount for the next 3 years? or am I grandfathered in?

You’re good @DrDel. You don’t need to worry for 3 years.

Sa-weeeeet!

Is this possible? Because the Sony online store is, without question, ones of the most confusing and terrible interfaces I’ve ever seen.

XBL on the 360 was far better. Has it somehow gotten worse now?

I’m still new to the Xbox One, but remember how the Xbox 360 dashboard and store started out great and then got more and more junky and complicated over the course of its life? The One feels like it picks up where the 360 left off and continues that unfortunate trend.

@WhollySchmidt I am madly trying to click the above comment you posted to UpVote it, but there is no option to do so.

Also how does one blockquote text from an above post?

Well darn, I’ve barely used mine since I stopped playing Destiny, and I haven’t really played any of the free games this year either. Serious consideration being given to canceling my auto-resub.

Ah, yeah, they started going in with the whole tile thing, didn’t they? Kind of pretty to look at, but terrible for actually using it.

The PlayStation store is basically identical in this regard. They even use the same kind of tile look.

Here’s a great example… the free games you get every month. Holy shit, there should be a separate place where these live, making it super easy to get them.

On the Playstation side the web store is at least usable. For the Xbox, I had to resort to direct links from Major Nelson’s site for any big sales or the free Games with Gold. I’m sure there’s a better way but it wasn’t immediately obvious (and both web interfaces are miles above the console experiences, imo).

Simply select the text you want quote and the quote option will appear:

Wendelius

In Canada, it’s going from $49.99 to $69.99, that’s a 40% increase in one go. I get little to no use out of it now, but I’ll likely stick with it even so. I grab the free games every month and if I ever decide to dedicate some time to play them, I’ll have a huge catalog to choose from.

There is. One of the top menu items in the PS4 interface is PS Plus all the way to the left. The free games are listed right there every month to grab in addition to a full list of all previous PS Plus games you’ve redeemed. That’s been there for like a year.

It’s not part of the store, so folks may have been ignoring it – thinking it was just an advertisement. But it’s more of a hub, with links to “buy” the current PS+ games and a list of all of your PS+ content.

Was reminded by a Costco email that they had PS+ membership going for $45.99 (CDN) so even though I had 10 months left on my current one, decided to pick up another 12 month membership at the current price rather than pay $70 later. Good deal at 40% off.

If I let my Plus membership lapse and sign up again later, do I get my old Plus games back? If so, I’ll probably let it expire until they have some awesome game of the month, or I get way more caught up on my backlog across platforms. I have had a membership for years, but have yet to play a PS4 game multiplayer.

Yep, you do.

So my PS4 seemingly stopped sending out video signal last night. I swapped back to the UI from a blu-Ray and then my TV said no signal detected. I could not get the PS4 to restart or shutdown using the touch button near the disc slot. I unplugged it and waited, then restarted. I even tried another had I cable. Still no good, it sounds like it’s rebooting a few times with a beep and landing in the white light mode. I tried again this morning (in case it is a heat issue) and it is the same.

Any suggestions?

Mine is a first generation PS4. Is this some kind of RROD? Is it dead?

Try safe mode?