The Playstation 4

I’m also a primarily PC gamer, but bought a PS4 when Bloodborne came out. I’d say overall there’s a smattering of games I care about that it gives me access to, but it’s unessential, as I could fill my available leisure time many times over just sticking to PC.

Here are a few more that aren’t on PC:

Persona 5
Final Fantasy XV (for now)
World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders
Samurai Warriors 4
Let It Die
Various sports games
Guitar Hero / Rock Band

My experience so far has been about 1 PS4 exclusive that I care about per year, plus a ton that I don’t care about. Luckily, all the ones I tried turned out to be great:

• Bloodborne
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

It’s a steady enough stream that I feel pretty good about having a PS4 as a secondary.

Uncharted 1-3 are kind of rough by modern standards. I wouldn’t waste precious gaming time on them. Last of Us is probably worth a shot.

They refreshed the old Uncharteds for PS4, didn’t they?

Yes, but even after the remastering the gameplay is still what it is. I could never make it more than a couple of hours into any of 1-3.

Shit, I’m embarrassed I forgot about Dragon Quest Builders. Top 3 game of 2016 for me and a fantastic pick up since you mentioned kids.

I’ll have to go see what that is, but I expect my oldest daughter would be excited about every word there.

I’d forgotten about Until Dawn - I really wanted to play that. Looks like Journey also got ported to the PS4.

I can’t figure out a way to say “Is this not on PC?”

On the whole, seems like there’s enough there for a purchase. Thanks, everyone.

Yes, unfortunately they removed the 3D from U3, which was actually kind of a cool feature that would have provided an additional reason to replay it. I’m not sad to see the end of 3D in games with the previous console generation, but the novelty is kind of cool. Can’t think of another reason to play Killzone 3, for instance.

The filtering options are near the top. Leave “Full” and “Platform” on, disable everything else.

Better. But I also would love to get a list of games that are on more than one console in a generation, but not on the PC. Madden, for example.

I enjoyed the 2 remaster well enough. 1 was a struggle, and I didn’t even finish 3…

Note I didn’t play the originals.

Indeed, I think my most played PS4 game is Super Stardust.

Also, haven’t seen Infamous Second Son mentioned. Really liked that one.

My favorite PS4 game is Resogun. It took me a while to start liking it, but now I love it.

I platinumed it, before they added the expansion update, and liked it a lot but the time put in for that accomplishment wore me out on the game. Is that stuff worthwhile revisiting it for? I would also need to reup my PS+ sub.

Is there any way to block messages from people not on my friend’s list? I’m getting a bunch of spam messages and it is annoying me. Also, any way to block the user?

Playstations harassment controls seem a little non-existent.

Yeah it’s happening a lot to me on Xbox too. Really annoying, you get these “hey what’s up” messages from folks with zero gamer score, obvious fakes.

Yep, if you have zero gamerscore, you get deleted and blocked. Life’s too short to mess with any possible exception to the rule that would make sense.

Just a reminder, Bloodborne is on sale on PSN for $8 again. So if you haven’t picked it up yet and you’re a PS4 owner, do it!

I’m tempted to buy it again, just so that I never have to put the disc in again.

One less exclusive. Nioh is coming to PC.

This makes me hesitant to buy current exclusives like Yakuza 0.

Just glad I didn’t buy a PS4 Pro for Nioh.

Time to shake-up management!

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2017/171003.html

President and Global CEO Andrew House is stepping down and he is being replaced by Deputy President John Kodera.

Hmm. This new mini controller looks like something familiar.