The Playstation 4

From 12/1-12/16, get $50 off a Sony PS4 Pro 1TB Console plus an Amazon.com Gift Card with an eligible trade-in. The promotional bonus will be applied at checkout and cannot be combined with any other offer. Follow the steps below to begin your trade in.

So a PS4 PRO for $350 @ Amazon and it comes with a $50 amazon giftcard, if you have a valid trade in item.

I checked and my ancient copy of Madden 08 for the PS3 that I forgot to trade in years ago qualifies! And its worth $2!

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14162651011&pf_rd_p=db7d7cf8-6a74-4bc0-83c8-51f4a674cc89&pf_rd_s=detail-ilm&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B01LOP8EZC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=RPXQB2FA7EQHFF0P3Z48&pf_rd_r=RPXQB2FA7EQHFF0P3Z48&pf_rd_p=db7d7cf8-6a74-4bc0-83c8-51f4a674cc89

Cut and paste the link, else the QT3 auto tag thing breaks it.

Crazy the best PS4 Pro deal came after Black Friday week and Cyber Monday week.

Just wondering if anyone has tried PS4 remote play recently and whether it works well or not?

By recently, this year? Yep.

On a Dell XPS13 you need to attach a ps4 controller with wire. There may be wireless ways, I didn’t want to mess with it.

Vita also works as a remote control device.

How’s the lag for action games?

I’m really slow so I don’t know… My friend played Fallout on his Vita remotely thought, like the PS4 was at his main place and he’d use the Vita on the weekends. From what I’ve heard other people best results are when you hardwire the PS4 so you don’t have to deal with wifi on that end.

I haven’t played as much of it in 2017 as earlier years, but most games work really well for me. If the TV is busy and my wife is using the Xbox to watch TV, then I can take the PS4 controller upstairs, hook it up to my PC, and remotely play The Witness or No Man’s Sky or Ratchet & Clank. It works well for all those games. I guess Ratchet & Clank would be the most action oriented of the bunch, though it doesn’t require the kind of precision you need from a Geometry Wars or something.

So, I ran into a weird use case this weekend.

I have an external drive I use for game storage. I wanted to copy some screenshots to a Flash drive, but when I copied them it looked like it put them on the game storage drive.

Is there a way to tell it to copy to a second drive, or does my flat drive also need to be formatted for external storage? For now, I just created a Twitter account solely to share screenshots to and save them down from there.

I’m not really sure what the problem is, but for screenshots/videos, I just stick a USB drive in the controller port and select copy to USB drive.

The problem is, I have a USB drive already attached for game storage. When I select Copy to USB drive, it copies there. Not to the flash drive I stuck in.

Go to System/Devices. It can see the USB? It’s formatted correctly? (I’m sure it can iand it is, just going through the list).

Do I need to format the flash drive as extended storage? Can the PS4 understand what to do with 2 USB drives?

The USB stick you want to use for screenshots needs to be Fat32.

If I’m setting up a new PS4 and choose to ‘skip’ the creation of a PSN account, what do I miss out on?

You still get updates without an account, right? Just not the store or the online features? Anything else? Does the Family Account stuff still work without?

Soooooo…my two-month old PS4 Pro (which I’ve used for only a little over a month) won’t turn on. No beeping, no light, nothing. A Google search helped me get my Horizon disc out of the drive, but none of the other recommended “fixes” are working.

Fortunately, I bought from Amazon Marketplace from an Amazon-facilitated third party seller, so I can use the Big A’s return policy. And since I bought it during the Black Friday window, I have until the end of this month to do so.

But what happens to the hard drive with all of my games and account on it? I have PS+ so I think my saves are fine, but it feels weird to just send it back in with all that info still on it. And I’m pretty sure pulling and keeping the drive isn’t going to work for a return.

Anyone think it might be better to go through the (shudder) Sony warranty process? In addition to my drive, I would also be able to keep the price rewind bonus from my credit card. I don’t think I want an exchange from the Amazon seller, so I’ll have to wait until I find another $340 deal to not end up paying more moolah.

EDIT: Duh, I can deactivate the PS4 from my account online. Still interested to hear if anybody thinks repair is better than return.

Take out the hard drive and pop in a new one before you send it back? Or ask the company you bought it from?

Definitely replace, don’t repair. You want a new console.

Do you have a spare external HD lying around? It’s possible to make a back-up of your drive through the USB ports. Just restore when you get your replacement.

I’m pretty sure you need the console to come on to do that. Plus he has PS+ and already has backup on the cloud. The reason he’s hesitant is because he doesn’t want to send them the console with his account stuff on it, including his credit card info tied to his PS account, potentially.

I like Clay’s idea: replace the hard drive before sending it back. That way none of your private stuff goes back with it.

The HD in the PS4 Pro is easy to remove. At a minimum, I would take it out, connect it to your PC or laptop (a SATA to USB adapter cable like this one comes in handy), and perform a full format and erase as if it were a PC hard drive.

Why? It’s not a computer, so it’s not like it has pictures of your weenis stored on it. You can deauthorize the hardware so nobody can login to your account. I would be concerned about Sony denying the RMA if the drive doesn’t boot. I guess you could pull the drive, format it, then install the PS4 data so it would work, but that seems like a lot of effort.