The Playstation 4

Peace of mind? I’ve bought refurb electronics that still contained the previous owner’s info, and I find it unsettling. It’s not a lot of effort if you already have that USB adapter. It’s a couple screws to remove the drive on the Pro.

Speak for yourself, man! I mean, uh, yeah, you’re right! What Stusser said!

It’s 100% as likely to have pictures of my weenis on it as any computer. More worried about other personal info, like financial data or other information that could assist in developing a more comprehensive profile.

My friend at school said if you sell your PS4 they can steal your trophies right off the hard drive.

So you have pictures of your weenis on every computer you own? Wait, you said “any computer”? ARE THEY ON MY COMPUTER TOO? NOOOOO HOW DID YOU DO THIS

Just bought a PS4 Pro and I have it hooked up to a 1080p TV. Sometimes when I turn on the Pro I get a “resolution not supported” message on the TV. Turning of the PS4 and restarting it seems to fix it. I switched to options to set the Pro to 1080p, but it still happens. Anyone know why? Is there another setting I need to adjust?

This is clearly life telling you to get that bigger 4k TV.

Sony sells 4k TVs. : P

Fair enough…

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is free to play all weekend =)

New firmware today with a bunch of updates including super sampling mode
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/06/new-features-coming-to-ps4-in-system-software-5-50/

Sadly the super sampling mode is only for PS4 Pro users.

Plain PS4 owners get a few neat things though, including play time management, so you set time limits on family members for how much they play.

Just installed the Pro last night so will check out the super sampling mode asap. Thanks!

How often do we see sales/discounts on PS4 Pros? I’ve kinda got the itch to upgrade, but I haven’t been watching closely to know if they’re on sale regularly enough that I should wait a while.

There’s going to be a God of War bundle.

April Plus games are Mad Max and Trackmania.

Also Wipeout VR patch is out and it’s awesome. Some of the best VR to date IMO.

Check camelcamelcamel but in general it seemed to be pretty rare.

There have been some really good deals lately. The Star Wars Battlefront II model is the one to watch for if you don’t mind Star Wars gunk on your machine. They’ve been trying to get rid of those (since the game was a bust) and I’ve seen it go as low as $349 with two extra games included on top of Battefront II. NewEgg seems to be the place to check, both on their site and on eBay where they unload that kind of thing.

I got mine a couple months ago for the normal $399 but it came with Dragon Ball FighterZ which was brand new at the time. I’ve seen better deals since.

The current eBay NewEgg deal…

Yeah, best bet seems to be eBay when they run a coupon that applies to consoles.