The Playstation 4

Supposedly there’s a PS4 messaging bug. Went to change this but my stuff was already set to friends only.

How to restrict messages on your PlayStation 4 to friends only:

A) From a web browser, you can visit this URL. Sign in with your PS4 account credentials. Choose “Personal Info | Messages” and then select the edit button near Messages. From here, you can choose anyone, friends only, or no one. Until Sony fixes this bug, you should choose one of the latter two options.

B) From the PS4 console, go to Settings —> Account Management —> Privacy Settings. Choose “Personal Info | Messages” and then select Messages. From here, you can choose anyone, friends only, or no one. Until Sony fixes this bug, you should choose one of the latter two options.

Halloween sale is on.

Can someone please, please get Spear of Destiny the Kaiseki and Sword of Fortress the Onomuzim off of the PSN store? Those have been on sale 24/7 for as long as I can remember… at a rather paltry 30% too. Has anyone ever bought that crap except as a joke? (don’t do it)

I see we have a QT3 community for PS4, I invited myself.

@marquac join up!

For whatever it’s worth, I joined too. Or, er, invited myself. I suppose if I get better at RDR2 and the online stuff looks fun, I’ll seek you guys out. Still flailing around in the snow.

What’s a good over the ear headphone w/ mic option these days, that’s not too expensive? Looking for something wired, if possible, unless the bluetooth option works well and doesn’t suffer from latency, etc.

86.1 million!

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/ps4-worldwide-shipments-top-86-1-million

Figured it was time for an upgrade so I splurged on the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle. Sorry if this feature was already discussed upthread but I was actually pleasantly surprised how easy it was to transfer files from my launch PS4 to the Pro. If anyone is thinking of doing an upgrade, just make sure you have a spare lan cable for the data transfer.

Very nice, I was surprised how much smaller and quieter the PS4 Pro is compared to my PS3 slim.

Yeah, it is a pretty slick piece of hardware. I am also happy that all my old save files are backed up and transferred. I am probably around the 75%-80% mark in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and I would hate to start over from scratch at this point.

All games perform better on the Pro for the most part, 1080p or not. It was noticeable in Fortnite for example when I upgraded. My kids have regular systems so sometimes I notice the change in framerate watching them.

Last year during the holidays they had awesome deals on the slim. not so much on Pro. I actually expect Pro to shine this year. We’ll see.

The launch PS4 and XboneS are not really capable of 1080p. The PS4 Pro and XboneX are.

The Pro also supports 5G internet if you have it. Makes it a good box for streaming shows when you are not playing games.

I can totally understand that but man, you are so close to black friday and cyber monday, less than a month away! The pro bundles should be pretty good. The Slim was under 200 last year. Who knows if they will beat that or not but i suspect they’re pushing those bundles this year.

Walmart leaked a Spider-man bundle with a 1TB Slim PS4 for $199 recently that is likely the big PS4 Black Friday bundle this year.

If Walmart is doing it, someone else will copy them, someone like Amazon or maybe BestBuy. The leaks are coming. I won’t pressure anyone too badly to wait but it’s like… right here, right around the corner! Costco has 100 off an XBOX bundle so the bundles are definitely there, for both of them.

Last year i picked up my PS4 prior to Black Friday, for 199.99. It was hard to get last year, and should be easier this year. Google Express just sent out a claim that they will do something they consider Black Friday worthy on Nov 1, a few hours. I am not sure I really believe them but hey, it’s starting.

edit: It was Target. they had their BF price for the console on Nov 22, even before Thanksgiving. I picked it up just in case it was the best i could do and because Target has a very generous return policy around the holidays. I never could do better. For a slim that I play maybe 1-2 days a week, it was worth it.

Another option: If you have one of the dwindling number of credit cards that offer price protection, buy now, then make a claim using Black Friday deals. Make sure to check the terms of the price protection first, though.

That’s what I’m hoping. My guess is that this is going to be a major push for Sony this holiday and all major retailers are going to have some variation on a theme of this. Which is good, because I’m thinking of picking one up, but I won’t be going in to Target for it.

I wouldn’t doubt we also see a PS4 Pro bundle with either Spiderman or RDR2 for $299.

Doubtful as the Pro has retained its high price though all these sales. At least you’ll see it for $350 with a game included. It’s their premium priced product.

It was down to 349 last year, no game. I think these will be very close if not under 300 this year. They’re even suggesting that Sony is just going to do a flat out price cut which means the retailers will be lower than that.