The Playstation 4

Not necessarily. What I recall seeing in the past is they do a bundle for the holiday, then the console remains at that price without the game when the holidays are over. So yes, it is a price cut and the bundle is “value added” during the holidays.

Is there any reason to get the pro if I won’t be playing a lot of games on it? It’d be mostly a streaming/video device with the occasional thing (like Thronebreaker) that I don’t want to play on pc for whatever reason and isn’t on switch/iOS.

I don’t currently have a 4K tv where this would be going…but that tv is 8 years old and likely to get replaced at some point (awesome Vizio, still looks great)

The Black Friday sites that deal with the leaked and advanced ads can be wrong, but they’re not often wrong. They were not wrong last year either. I’m just telling you what the buzz is.

Target has announced their Black Friday deals, including the $199 PS4 Slim with Spider-man, so it looks like that will be Sony’s main bundle across all the major retailers. Outside North America YMMV.

Expecting a big price drop on the Pro or an actual permanent price cut when Sony is still selling systems hand over fist is wishful thinking IMO. There are a lot of wishful thinkers on the Internet.

Good thing no one will have to guess soon; in about a week or so, they’ll be leaked.

edit: Target’s pre-black friday ad is up. It has Spiderman. That’s not a true BF deal then.

BF is not always the best deal either. It was for consoles, non-bundle, last year.

What does that even mean? It is their Black Friday ad. That is their deal for Black Friday. There won’t be anything better. That hasn’t happened in years.

I have watched this stuff a long time. I work in retail.

Dude. I’ve been doing Black Friday since I was 15. It’s not even just Black Friday anymore. They have Thanksgiving deals, as in only on Thanksgiving, and Cyber Monday in addition to BF and those deals are often not even the best because after all that, they still do sales throughout the entire month of December.

And what does that mean, it means Black Friday’s and Pre Black Friday ads were scanned together so it created some confusion due to the conflicting dates. And no matter what, the retailers still respond to each other in their online spheres. The BF deal they advertised last year, I got before BF because Amazon kicked theirs off.

I thought that’s what we were talking about this whole time…

And yeah, Black Friday isn’t just on Friday any more. At least for me, I just say that whether it is Tuesday or Monday or whatever. It’s like being in the south and ordering a coke at a restaurant (what kinda coke you want?)

Apparently Google Express had the Spiderman Pro on sale last night, 320.

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/PlayStation-4-Pro-1TB-Limited-Edition-Marvels-Spider-Man-Console-Bundle-Includes-Custom-1Tb-PS4-Prop/3348055491247533375_0_46586

It sold out. we might see something like it again though. It Sold Out. The Switch is still available using the same sale/code.

I just want a Red Dead Redemption 2 deal.

I’d love $40, but might even settle for $50.

I think that’s even less likely than the Pro being on sale.

Well with a buy 2 get 1 free deal , and if all your games are at 60 each you’d hit that, but you’d need to fork out 120. If you get some gift cards involved and/or AMEX style deals, you might be able to get it down there.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is specifically excluded from the buy 2, get 1 deal to my understanding.

All the B2G1 deals this past week, excluded RDR2, Rockstar wants that full price. ;)

That was Target.

Amazon and the others, may or may not. Gamestop also likes to do the gift card thing or some weird trade-in too. American Express doesn’t care what the deal is, they just give money back. If you can combine that with some sort of Gift Card deal it can happen.

Let me know one of those deals that’s available now. Thanks!

I typically post this kind of stuff in the Bargain Topic unless we get a holiday specific one. These kind of deals do well out though. The Google Express Wish 20 sold out of their top things… but Google Express might do something like it again. They’re kind of newish to the Holiday game.

If you twitter, follow Wario64 , he post the best deals.

https://twitter.com/Wario64

Via Cheapassgamer, $48 with free shipping by an eBay seller.

Woops, forgot this was a PS4 thread. That seller’s not discounting the PS4 version.

Some online servers are shutting down soon. Drawn to Death, Infamous Second Son and Sound Shapes. These were all PS+ games awhile back. Sound Shapes has a lot of really cool community made levels.

PS4 – Drawn to Death

Multiplayer and all online features for this product will be terminated and no longer available from 25th March 2019 . As you have to be online to play this title, this game will no longer be playable as of the same date.

PS4, PS3, PS Vita – Sound Shapes

Online features for Sound Shapes will no longer be playable from 31st January 2019 at 07:00am GMT . Functionality will be affected in the following ways:

• You will be able to play the campaign and all DLC purchases as well as create your own levels.
  • You will not be able to share your levels with the community or download community created levels.

PS4 – InFAMOUS Second Son

On 16th December 2018 at 00:01am GMT , the web-based puzzle portions of InFAMOUS Paper Trail will be shutting down. The InFAMOUS Paper Trail PlayStation 4 missions will continue to function within InFAMOUS Second Son, so you’ll still be able to complete Celia’s story.

New PS4 Pro model is out, runs much quieter. Also runs hotter, but presumably their manufacturing techniques are sufficiently mature that they can run their chip hotter without downclocking. Need the RDR2 bundle to get it for now.