The Playstation 4

Hm, I didn’t think my Pro was noisy. Not compared to the launch PS4, anyway. Clicks, whirs, and blowing like a 360 trying to play from a DVD.

Was gonna ask if my RDR2 bundle was that model, thanks!
Also will comment that the console is whisper quiet at 7 feet away.

The box should be labaled CUH-72xx, to confirm it.

I asked this in the PS4 pro thread yesterday, but got no response…is the regular (not the new one) PS4 pro that much louder than a slim? Rather, if I want something quiet, go for the slim?

I don’t own one, but from the eurogamer article it sounds (sic) like the release PS4 Pro is not only somewhat loud but the fans rev up erratically, which can be distracting. That said you don’t have to worry about it because the new revision fixes all that.

Yeah, but I want quiet and have no interest in RDR. Also not feeling the need to spend a bunch of money on capability I have no particular use for. I’d like to get a slim for 199 like we saw the other day, but want to be able to make an informed decision if there’s a great deal on a pro.

That bundle should be fairly easy to get, everyone is carrying it. Any deals on the pro will be harder. Keep an eye out for those.

Yeah, I’m going to need to find one online, but hoping Amazon will have, since others will. Going to a physical store isn’t going to be an option.

The other stores, Target, BB, Walmart, assuming you are US, should have them online too. I used to do the line thing in person for BF. I still might, but I’ve been mostly online for a few years now. I kind of missing the gloves, the hot chocolate and just chatting with fellow shoppers though.

I thought this myself when I saw this news pop up on my feed this morning - my own Pro is very quiet, I only hear it spin up sometimes when it wakes from sleep and even then it’s quiet again by the time I’m playing something. I do wish my cat would stop laying across the back of it, where the hot air vents, I keep having to shoo him off there while I Red Dead.

Do you press R1 to study the cat before shooing him?

I think that as long as you don’t have the first regular PS4 model, you’re okay noise-wise.

I never really thought about the noise the Pro makes before reading this, but the old model was plenty loud.

Nice! Just confirmed that my PS4 Pro is one of the new revisions. I didn’t get any blowback for getting this so I doubled down and got myself an HDR TV. Man, what a difference it makes!

All right folks, here it is. I know some of you think I just… make things up, but no, this is not my first rodeo.

Amex Offers w/ $300+ Purchases at Best Buy Online/In-Stores $30 Credit (Valid for Select Cardholders)

Get a one-time $30 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300+ in one or more transactions in-store at Best Buy or online at bestbuy.com by 12/31/2018. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.

Check your cards. American Express typically doesn’t limit physical products, usually just gift cards and things like that. Those searching for PS4. You don’t need a huge discount from the store itself… hopefully just a minor one and then stack this on it.

So if you live in the Chicago area the local politicians think you should pony up just a tad more now for your entertainment.

We’ve got a politician that created an Amusement Tax, like literally taxing fun… I’m sure this will go well.

Maybe they should just make sure any sales taxes are being collected instead.

It’s cheaper to just play with real guns at this point.

Same here – got that bundle and couldn’t be happier with the noise levels (what a difference from the Xbox 360, which even with the “quieter” DVD drive, insisted on spinning the disc even when you’d installed a game to the HDD). Now if only the controller weren’t designed for people with baby hands (it makes my left thumb joint hurt after a while). And what were they thinking making the pause button almost flush-mounted?

So I’m wondering, does anyone here have experience with this officially licensed controller that mimics the 360/One controller’s stick layout? Unfortunately the reviews seem somewhat mixed and complain about the cable failing (it’s wired), crappy customer service etc.:

Nacon Revolution Pro

Alternatively, what about the doohickies you an attach to the sticks to extend their length a bit, has anyone tried those?

EDIT: figured I’d give those a shot: Amazon.com

I’ve asked this elsewhere, but are there any good quiet PS4 coolers that work to keep it from blasting it’s jet engine fans all the time?

Turn the tv up? Lol, that’s what I do.