The Playstation 4

Yes, good clarification. The PSVR hardware is awkward to use and tracking is flakey.

It’s the only VR set I’ve used. It’s fine. I haven’t had many problems with tracking (Well, except Megaton Rainfall, but that whole game was pretty flaky). Like I mentioned upthread, hand tracking in the Iron Man VR demo is excellent.

It is pretty low-res, though. VR versions of normal games (like Skyrim and No Man’s Sky) look terrible compared to their counterparts, but the immersiveness makes up for it.

I’m just hoping the cables are long enough for my setup.

Oh, and I’ve only done VR with a phone. Been waiting on good wireless for the PC, but… Iron Man!

Cross posting reminder.

20 GB update installing…

Knack 2 is apparently on sale for $5 in the latest PSN sale. Am I crazy for being tempted even though I played through the first game and was never tempted by Knack 2 before? That $5 price point calls out to me, even when the game doesn’t, apparently.

Wow, a reminder from February that I’m hopeless when it comes to my PS4 backlog. Nevertheless, I continue to be tempted on every PSN sale for games I’ll probably never play. (As an illustration, since that post, I’ve bought Tetris Effect and Marvel’s Spider-Man).

My current wishlist temptations in the PSN sale:

Gran Turismo Sport $12
Astro Bot Rescue Mission $10
Ni No Kuni II $15
The first Ni No Kuni was also showing as on sale to me yesterday, but is not today for some reason. Hmmm.

I have a little over $10 in my PSN wallet, so if Gran Turismo Sport was two dollars cheaper, I would have bought it.

You really need to play God of War if nothing else, fantastic game.

PS Plus August is Modern Warfare 2 Remastered and Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

No kidding, easily one of the best games of this generation. Complete package.

yeah I am playing it at the moment, i am crap at these games so playing on easy but i am loving it.

All the people with early codes for Fall Guy seem to be loving it. Could be another Rocket League-esque hit.

It was one of the pack-in’s for my PS4 Pro. Had to play Spider-Man first (finished the main campaign, saving the DLC), and flipped a coin between Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. Plowing through Horizon Zero Dawn for now (~60% completion per the in-game stats).

Amazingly enough, my gaming ADD hasn’t really kicked in while playing these games. I’ve mostly been able to stay on point and plow through without getting distracted by a new ‘shiny’ or getting stuck by some quasi-moral dilemma, or some other blocker’. I may actually be able to go back and finish Witcher 3 one of these days!

I went through my underused PS4 Pro last weekend. I had a 2TB drive as external storage. I was able to delete all the games now on PC. I also deleted all the PSVR games - I will never put that headset on again with the Quest available.

I deleted the games I’ve finished, such as Persona 5 Royal, and Infamous Second Son.

That left me with just a handful of games - the Uncharted series, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, God of War, and Spider-Man.

What am I missing out on? I don’t enjoy Dark Souls-like games.

I’ll quote myself from upthread a bit and update it a bit:

Games I already played on my PS4 since I got it at launch:

Resogun (excellent)
Killzone Shadow Fall (decent)
Knack (decent)
Watch Dogs (terrible) (also not a PS exclusive, so ignore this)
Last of Us Remastered (mindblowingly excellent)
Infamous Second Son (good)
Infamous First Light (good)
Uncharted 2 and 3 (meh)
Grow Home (excellent) (not an exclusive?)
Never Alone (excellent) (not an exclusive)
Galak-Z (excellent) (not an exclusive)
Don’t Starve (excellent) (not an exclusive)
No Man’s Sky (very good in the beginning, but they kept patching it adding busywork) (not an exclusive)
Bloodborne (excellent) (maybe ignore since you’re not a Souls fan)
Ratchet & Clank (meh)
Tetris Effect (excellent for Tetris fans) (not an exclusive anymore)

And here is the games I own that I haven’t gotten to yet on PS4:

Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete (won’t be an exclusive anymore next month)
Wipeout: Omega Collection
God of War 3 Remastered
God of War (Dad of War)
Rez Infinite
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (not an exclusive)
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s end
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin (not an exclusive?)
Grim Fandango Remastered (not an exclusive)
The Last Guardian
I still have to finish The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne (and the end of the main game) (not a Souls fan? Ignore)
Marvel’s Spider-Man

Will eventually get:
Last of Us II
Ghosts of Tsushima

Interesting. So I’ve played 16 games on my PS4 while owning it from launch. And I’ve got 16 to go. So I’m halfway through my PS4 life.

I guess what surprised me is the constant discussion of PS4’s amazing exclusives. I’ve enjoyed most of the ones I’ve played but in hindsight they don’t seem as numerous as they used to be.

One or two superlative experiences can lift the whole thing up in your mind. Which is as it should be. I had a year of PS+ which was overall pretty worthless, but because of it I discovered Galak-Z, a game I would have never discovered otherwise, so the whole $40+ I spent on that was worth it because of that one game. Same with the exclusives, Act 3 of The Last of Us was just one of my favorite moments in gaming, so it made owning a PS4 for the exclusives completely worth it even if I don’t end up getting to that same high in the remaining list.

I think it is a console exclusive for the PS4, there’s an XB1 version of the sequel but not the original. It is definitely a neat game with a unique (to me anyway) mechanic.

I was thinking it was also on PC, but I wasn’t sure. That’s why I put the question mark on that one.

I do own the sequel on Xbox, but couldn’t get into it. They made getting started a little harder in the sequel.

Btw, I tried out Marvel’s Spider-Man and holy shit, the first time you go swinging through the City is an eye-opening moment. I just can’t believe how smooth it feels, and how gorgeous everything looks. We’ve come a long way from the PS2/Xbox era Spider-Man games. Those were good, but this modern game just looks and feels amazing in the comparison.

(Kind of a shame that this is a PS4 exclusive. I know I don’t say that for any other PS4 exclusives, but it just feels like a popular superhero like Spider-man should be more widely available to everyone. Hopefully they’ll port it to the PC someday).