The Playstation 4

I didn’t know it was so easy to increase PS4 storage with external USB 3.0
I am on a base PS4 with 500GB and was downloading/deleting games all the time … I added 2 TB external, this is more than enough for my game library.

So when I use extended storage, all game downloads go there. What if I want to store a game on internal? Can I just plug out the external HD and download the game, and then plug it back in?

You can go to Settings -> Storage and change the default install location. You can also move games back and forth really easily.

Yeah, I had no idea it was so easy either. I got a drive and I have 2TB on the side now and it’s been working perfectly and was ultra easy to set up. Just plug in and go.

Anyone with a PSVR might want to try Playstation Now - they just added Resident Evil 7 for the next three months. I played a few minutes of the house demo and noped right out of it because I’m a scaredy-cat.

Not much else on the service to try it with:
Moto Racer 4, Bound, Infinite Minigolf, Robot Golf & Chess Ultra.

There’s definitely something about horror in VR that’s particularly terrifying for me as well.

The Playstation Store is having a dedicated VR sale right now, and Iron Man is $10 off ($30 total). I picked it up. As I mentioned upthread, the motion tracking and UI in the demo was great - made you feel like you were in the suit in the movies.

Some games to tackle while we wait for the next generation…

The Big in Japan sale is ongoing on PSN.

From my PS4 wishlist:

Ni No Kuni II $20
Ni No Kuni Remastered $15
Astro Bot Rescue Mission $7
Gravity Rush 2 $7

I had no idea you could actually “beat” something like farming simulator. Can you beat Microsoft Flight Sim too?

Maybe if you see everything in the world? Fly all the planes?

Fly to Mars.

I think you beat it if you manage to grow tomacco.

The only reason visual novels take that long is because the text speed is ridiculously slow and they only show 3 lines at a time…

Portia was fun, I played at least 40 hours on the PC. It’s a harvest-moon type game.

Trophy changes tonight. I don’t know if anyone here cares about that stuff, but if so here you go:

I don’t understand the new system at all. Previously bronze were worth 15 points, silver 30 points, gold 90 points and platinum 180 points, IIRC. You then added up your total points from all your trophies and could look up on a chart what your level should be. How does the new system change this, because I’m more confused after reading the link provided.

It sounds to me like it’ll be around the same, but with bigger numbers. The only time I can even remember going up in levels was when I first bought my Vita.

I’m currently level 24 with 10 platinums.

Yes, it sounds like the complaint was: this level idea is neat, but it gets boring quickly for the average gamer whose level stops going up in a hurry. So they’re stretching the levels out to make the metagame numbers go up and give you that dopamine hit you crave.

I’m now level 360.

To get it to change we need to sync trophies again. Earn a new one or start a new game.

We also have to accept updated terms before it’ll let us sign into PSN.

friday-damn-gif

Wheeee… I’m 389 now.

Still, I wish trophies would actually do something interesting.