The PS4 Pro is out.

So, anyone getting this today?

I’ve reserved my copy, since my aging Ps4 is noisy as hell, I figured this was a decent upgrade. Not that I used it, but Gamestop actually had a decent trade-in where it was almost half-price if you gave them your old Ps4.

Its a bit of a shame that some games, like Watchdogs 2 doesn’t get an upgrade until later this year, but Elder Srolls Online should be awesome with enhanced graphics (It already looks incredible). Also, finally being able to (hopefully) play Technomancer and Homefront 2 without a jet-engine in the house is something I am really looking forward to.

The 1TB harddrive doesn’t annoy me either I have to say.

(15 chars in topic because otherwise this weird software won’t let me post the topic)

Nope, no blu-ray 4k, it can go right the fuck back to Japan as far as I’m concerned.

(Sad thing is, I was going to buy one.)

huh? Who changed my title?

I did, since “type 15 chars” isn’t a good title… click the little pencil next to the time as needed.

So, now we have thread title police as well? Dear lord…

15 chars

4 chars

Yeah, you really know how to drive a discussion, don’t you?

I guess coming back was a mistake, after all.

Probably. I would have bought the PS4 Pro if it had 4k Blu-Ray support, for sure.

Welcome back.

@wumpus, I don’t know what the title was on this thread before you changed, but please don’t change titles on threads. You can ask others to change their own titles, or you can ask me to do it, but I think everyone would be more comfortable if you let them make whatever silly mistakes they make when their naming their threads. :)

-Tom

I have no desire to get a new PS4 until it has something subsantive to show for it. Elder Scrolls Online and Homefront are getting some sorts of 4k update or something? Man, those are pretty weak selling points, but probably because I consider those PC games.

-Tom

Nope. There really isn’t anything compelling about it right now as far as I’m concerned. I’ll happily wait for Scorpio next year. That will be the real upgrade and will support 4K Blu Ray playback.

On the noise level, Digital Foundry found the pro to be somewhere between the slim and launch model. So not as quiet as it could be, but should be quieter than your old model.

Wendelius

Fair enough just click here to see edit history anywhere:

Right there in the pink circle. G’wan, click it.

I had tried that.

Doesn’t do anything on mobile for some reason.

Wendelius

I believe @stusser turned off viewing edit history (other than on your own posts, or if you are staff) because… reasons.

I recommend we turn it back on, which is the default.

It’s all good. I personally don’t care either way. Though you might want to have a discussion that concerns only the staff elsewhere then.

@Razgon Any enhanced titles that caught your attention on the Pro, or is just shiny and a good opportunity to replace your noisy old model?

Wendelius

Or maybe someone could rename the thread Staff Discussion Thread to keep it topical to the discussion at hand.

-kerzain

DF just posted an article on Skyrim SE on the Pro. It runs at a full 4K, which is very nice, but drops frames, unfortunately and isn’t as smooth as the SE on a regular PS4 as a result:

Hopefully, Bethesda will improve the performance with a patch.

Wendelius

I’ve been thinking about picking one up but can’t really decide. Given limited gaming time, I’ll probably pass or build a new gaming PC instead. Most of my gaming is with my kids these days, through Steam. The WiiU might be a better console choice for me. I do want to play Uncharted 4 and remastered Last of Us, though.