The PS4 Pro is out.

So what else does it do beside 4k and VR support? My screen isn’t big enough to get much out of 4k and I don’t plan to buy the VR headset anytime soon.

My only gripe with my PS4 is the noise anyway.

Well, the GPU is more than twice as powerful as the regular PS4. Devs are free to use that power however they want. Even if all they do is add a 4K mode on a 1080p screen you’ll get a nice supersampled image. The CPU is a but faster as well so you’ll probably get more consistent performance. Square just announced Final Fantasy XV will have a 1080p 60fps mode in addition to a 4k mode. Paragon and Tomb Raider both upgrade the visual effects at 1080p. Nioh will have a 1080p/60fps mode on Pro, too. On standard PS4 the 60fps mode is only 720p.

Pro support is mandatory going forward so all games will offer some upgrades from here on out.

Oh, did you say Nioh? Now you’re speaking my language.

The above review also explains that transferring all your data from one console to the other is pretty easy.

My position as well. I wouldn’t mind a better performing PS4, but I’m just not sure the Pro is a big enough leap to justify spending the money.

I will probably just use my current PS4 until it burns out and replace if with the new version (whatever that is at the time).

I’d be more excited about the PS4 Pro if I didn’t have a solid gaming rig. Honestly, there are maybe 2 exclusive titles on the PS4 I can’t get on my PC, and I’m not 100% sold on either of them as being “must have” games (one being FF XV and the other I can’t even think up, but I recall there being two).

Now, if Final Fantasy XII Remastered doesn’t get a PC date much longer after it drops on PS4, I may be singing a different, more expensive, tune.

PC high five!

-Tom

Ah, now I see why you edited that bit out. Razgon, dude, that was like wearing a new outfit with the tag still sticking out of the collar! I think wumpus was trying to do you a solid. :)

-Tom

In all the fun of Amerexit this week I forgot about I preorder I made months ago. So yea apparently I’m getting one today.

I’ll probably buy an XBone before another PS4, especially given the shennanigans Sony pulled with Bethesda mods.

I ordered one since I didn’t have a PS4 already. I’m almost entirely a PC gamer but I want to see what this Last of Us, Uncharted, and Bloodborn stuff is all about.

I expect to pick one up at some point, but as of now I’ve no 4K TV and the list of existing games with support is a bit meager. My most compelling reason to upgrade today would be a larger hard drive.

I wonder if there’s going to be a PS4 Pro Slim?

I’m getting one. I didn’t preorder but I don’t really believe there will be line ups for them. I didn’t have a PS4, and I do have a PSVR waiting to be unboxed, so it seemed to be the right choice. At least that was the consensus when I posted about it in the regular PS4 thread.

I’m just on the fence about which game to snag with it. I’m leaning towards Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I’m also planning on getting one - my PS4 died back in February and I’ve got plenty invested in PS4 games that I’d like to play. I won’t have time in the next couple of months though (and I’m still on my “no video games” new years resolution for another month and a half :P) so I canceled my preorder and I’ll pick it up early next year, maybe in a bundle with something if I’m lucky.

Maybe when it hits $250 or so on some future Black Friday sale.

Mine is allegedly out for delivery.

I also, uhmmm, may have bought a new TV for it last night or something.

I turned it off to retain behavior from the previous forum, where you could only see the latest version of a post. People make edits for a reason. I personally tend to treat my posts as first drafts, not final copies.

I’ll start out somewhere around “you subhuman monogoloid fuckstains aren’t worth my breath, I hope your dad dies of ass cancer”, then rethink it and go with “I disagree and here’s why…”.

Mongoloid he was a mongoloid, happier than you’ll ever be …

Anyway I’m curious about the Pro. Don’t see myself buying one, but I’d like to hear how it compares with the vanilla PS4.

As suspected, Best Buy had a ton of these sitting on the shelf. So I’ve got mine. Next step is to plug it in.

Any demos you folks recommend for downloading?

I ordered a Pro, should arrive today. I have a 4k TV, so getting a little more use out of that will be nice. Not HDR, though, unfortunately. Planning to hand my existing PS4 down to a friend so we can play Diablo together again. I also ordered a copy of the new Tomb Raider game to see what that looks like all fancified.