The PS4 Pro is out.

It doesn’t improve texture quality, unless the game includes higher-resolution textures. You can think of supersampling as the highest possible quality antialiasing. It definitely offers a superior image quality to other techniques but is very expensive computationally as you’re rendering a much higher resolution image then shrinking it down.

You might find

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ultra-hd-bluray/hdr10/Dolby_Vision/Vizio/pseries/smartcast/vizio-quietly-updates-pseries-with-hdr10/33950

of use.

Vizio supports both. Some hunting around shows that Vizio is working on a firmware update for compatibility with the PS4 Pro.

Odd. I have the P65, and can can definitely do HDR. Games only, though. One thing I can mention is that the gaming HDMI port(5) won’t support HDR, but the rest do.

When you go to Video Output info, does it say it supports 2K/4K? Maybe going through a receiver causes it problems.

It does, yeah. I’m able to confirm the resolution and HDR via the Vizio app(System Information–>Display Information) while playing Uncharted and Infamous.

I wound up having to buy a whole new receiver because mine wasn’t 4k/HDR compliant, so that may very well be it. I’d try bypassing the receiver to see if that does the trick. I can also PM you my TV and Pro settings once I get home if you’re still having trouble.

My receiver supposedly supports HDR (Yamaha A850). Tried updating the firmware for it and it didn’t help. Going direct and enabling HDMI Color Subsampling fixed it though. I already had optical going back to my receiver for audio from streaming sources so this is an OK solution. Thanks for the suggestion.

I saw this was $339 at Amazon and realized that with Final Fantasy XII Remastered coming, along with stuff like Horizon, Nioh, and (maybe) Final Fantasy XV, I wouldn’t mind getting back in the console business for 2017. I mentioned this to my wife and she just bought it for me on sale as a Christmas gift (which means I gotta wait a month to monkey with it)! She’s fantastic.

I don’t have a 4K TV, and in fact the 1080p/HDMI monitor I used back when I had a PS4 I gave to my son, so all I have that can use HDMI is the main family TV (which would mean never getting any real time with the system) and my 1440p Dell Ultrasharp I just bought. I plugged my son’s PS4 into it and it actually looked great, so I guess I’ll use it for now, and maybe later in the year pick up a 40" or so 4K HDTV for my office. It’s going to mean manually swapping my speakers round though, which is a huge PITA, but not really a big deal.

I was looking at the amazon $339 deal and looks like it disappeared. Was it yanked or sold out?

Oh man, looks like it was sold out (I’m going on the fact they aren’t selling it at all, it’s only available from third party sellers, and if they merely yanked the deal I’d think the $399 price would still be what they sell it for). I can’t believe how lucky I got, I wasn’t even really shopping for one.

Ended up with one of these today thanks to Target’s 15% off sale. Between that and 5% off with my Target card, and being in Oregon with no sales tax, out the door price of $322 was too good to resist since I also got a 4K TV this week. Should be able to get $180 for my OG 500GB PS4 which is in mint condition and only has about 60 hours of usage (since I only used it for PS4 exclusives), so out of pocket for the upgrade should be under $150. Hopefully I’ll use the Pro more.

Target deal is still on for Cyber Monday, too, if you’re in the US. If you can find one – of about 10 Targets in the Portland area, only two had it in stock. But you can buy it online for pickup in 5-7 days at your local store if it’s out of stock, it looks like.

I was surprised at how big it is. Right up there with my OG Xbox One.

I did the Ethernet transfer of data from my original PS4. Worked like a charm.

Though it’s bizarre how the experience is exactly like my old PS4. It even just refers to itself as a PS4 in the user interface.

Next up, trying actual games so I can see what’s different. :)

Meanwhile… @JeffL, you need to be saving your $ for an Oculus Rift (and PC upgrade if you need it), which will get you back into flight simming. The experience in AeroFly FS2 and Combat Air Patrol 2 is amazing.

It’s showing still available to me:

at 339 with this note:

In stock on December 5, 2016.
Order it now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Hmm yeah weird, the original link in the Bargain Thread doesn’t show it as available.

Even just an hour ago the link @Nesrie provided said “available from these sellers” is all it had as options, but just now I see it says in stock December 6th, so I think the wave of available units from 6 hours ago went and now they are selling another set of inventory?

That could be. It was just weird that the two separate links (same item number but slightly different URL) were showing different stock.

They’re all out again for now.

What’s also strange is mine shipped this morning already, with an estimated arrival of tomorrow(!). That’s very fast, considering I didn’t even pay for shipping?!

Last time it popped up it was back to $399 with Amazon Prime.

I’m secretly hoping it doesn’t come back in stock at $340 so I don’t have to waste my money!

Amazon now has a lot of “forward deployed” warehouses. There’s a chance that it’s being shipped from very close to your house.

My sister can actually order something from Amazon and get it the same day.

Well, it’s shipping from another state, so I’m not sure what to think but I won’t complain! :)