The Punisher

Just to tie this movie in with videogames: The Punisher was executive produced by Chris Roberts, the man who created the Wing Commander series, directed the in-game movies for those in the series that had them and then proceeded to completely destroy that reputation by directing the big screen Wing Commander movie.

I wasn’t aware that anybody did.[/quote]

Swordfish = The Average Movie[/quote]

I think Travolta has made a number of appearances in smaller roles, some of which weren’t too bad. The Thin Red Line comes to mind.

Swordfish is in the same category, IMO, as The Mummy, X-Men, Hellboy, and a few others. They should call it “Action Movie” and be done with it. You don’t feel cheated out of $7, but you didn’t really like it, either.

Saw the punisher over the weekend… while I didn’t hate it, I didn’t like it either. It was decidedly blah. Some absolutely horrible lines.

A total stranger on a Chicago bus told me several times that Swordfish had a really hot sex scene in it, and that I really ought to do myself the favor of seeing it.

I don’t remember that. It does have some fairly good, lingering shots of Halle Berry sunbathing topless, for no other reason than the fact that the producers knew it would sell a few extra tickets.

Maybe he meant the SPOILER, I guess

“code the worm in 60 seconds while getting a blow job or you’re dead” scene.

I liked Swordfish, I just thought it was stylish, if sometimes stupid.

If his performance in Thin Red Line wasn’t too bad, I’d hate to be subjected to all the other films on that list.

Although I’ll confess I own a copy of Battlefield Earth, because I really, really liked it in a guilty-pleasure-cackle-the-whole-way-through kind of way (awful, awful movie).

Cool – it’d be like going to the movies if you lived in Repo Man.

I haven’t seen it yet, but from all the ads/previews I get the impression that he’s just wearing a black shirt with a white skull on it. Is that true?

Yeah, there’s some “symbol of death to strike fear” motivation to it, but the bigger point in the comic was that Castle wore serious body armor and the huge white skull on the all black outfit (worn mostly during night ops) was a giant target, that also happened to be the most protected part of him.

It always seemed comic-book brilliant to me, and it makes me sad if they threw that idea out.

You hardly see the skull motif at all in the movie. I think there are only a few scenes where he wears it. And yes, it’s mostly just a black t-shirt. And he doesn’t wear it for any tactical reason, but a sentimental one – the shirt was a gift from his son (yes, really).

But to be totally fair, in the big final assault on the bad guy’s house, he does indeed swap the t-shirt for black body armor with a skull painted on.

[quote=“Andrew_Mayer”]

Get Shorty.[/quote]
A Civil Action

Just saw this today.

I had the same fears that many people did, but I was highly impressed with the end result. I watched it because I wanted a revenge flick that would promise brutal violence and a healthy body count.

MOVIE DELIVERS, VOTED 5