The Qt3 Challenge Thread

I posted about this previously here and no one cared, so instead I’m just going to pick something and we’ll see if people feel like participating.

Then we’ll see if we can take it from there. :)

The first challenge is Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Championship Mode II, 5 Minute Score Attack, Expert difficulty.

Get your highest score and post it here before 11/29.

Post in the other thread if you have a suggestion for a future challenge.

CURRENT SCORES - Pac-Mac CE DX, Championship Mode II, 5 Minute Score Attack

thomas - 1,800,970
Ryan Markel - 1,772,550
terpiscorei - 1,658,150
seventimessix - 1,640,450
Cory - 1,560,890
Rorschach - 1,464,820
thomas - 1,408,150
OzymandiasAV - 1,304,380
kerzain - 1,234,750
Talisker - 1,097,620

Any idea if this particular mode/challenge is playable in the demo?

I’m down, but I can’t do Pacman (I’m not that good, and I don’t own it). I will keep an eye on this for the future though.

I don’t have the demo, but it is the most basic mode available, so if I had to guess I would say it is.

I’m down with PacMan.

818,360 to kick it off.

This sounds fun, I haven’t played the game for more than a year.

EDIT: Oh, wait… they released a new DX edition? I already have CE, don’t see much point in buying another one. Hmm.

Do it. You won’t be sorry. It’s quite a different game.

For anyone interested in the demo: I downloaded and played the demo, although you can certainly play the game mode required for this challenge, you won’t get a final score tally, the screen will just fade out and tell you to buy the game. It was quite distressing!! I was gobbling up so many ghosts it was unreal! (This is essentially my first experience with PacMan since my Atarii 2600 days, not counting the ever popular, Ms PacMan!)

I like PacMan-gone-Geometry Wars though, so I’ll probably pick this up later today.

I was a bit lukewarm on Pac-man CE, but something about CE DX is really clicking for me. My 5 minute score attack on Championship II is 1,508,660.

Woo, I beat Ryan’s score… oh wait… God damnit terpiscorei…

/mutters and walks away with his sub-par score.

My best score of the night is 1,287,080. Currently ranked 457. Replay available. :)

The rules currently call for normal difficulty, I can see in the replays on the leader boards that couple folks here are playing on expert.

No big deal except this translates to a better chance at a higher score right off the bat because of the initial speed bonuses.

I don’t care which mode we continue to play in, I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page. Although, after thinking about it, I would probably prefer we play on expert, because playing on normal will interfere with our leaderboard stat, for those of us who want to win both THIS contest and the leaderboard rankings over all.

I’m down for some leaderboard competition, always. And Pacman CEDX is really quite awesome. So far my best score is 1,049,070.

Changed to Expert.

Ahh, yes, sorry about that – I was playing on expert, and I should’ve stated that. My apologies!

No big deal, it worked out better for all of us (who like to start off faster)!

Best my score by 1,220?

Alright Ryan, it’s on! :)