The Qt3 Secret Santa Thread

Doh! My bad, I didn’t read the follow ons in enough detail.

That’s fair game in my book and I’ll absorb postage in “whatever Santa felt like doing”.

I’m in!

First, cut a hole in a box.

I’m in. Do you need my info like, right now? I need to decide if I’m doing wishlist or just going with my address.

OK, I’m in too.

Are you kidding? Gary buys expensive electronics as casually as most people would buy a cup of coffee!

I’m totally in.

No. I’ll make a post after a bit to ask people to PM/post their information after the cutoff date as a reminder, but you can take until then to decide or shore up your wishlist.

If you want to send either piece of information, you can go ahead, and I’ll file it (I have a document I’m keeping already with any information I receive).

You can call me a Grinch, but I always hated the idea of secret Santa. It seems like such a pointless materialistic thing. If you buy a gift for someone, it should be because you want to and know the person well enough to give them a gift that makes sense.

I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s just something those vile creatures called humans do.

I’m in.

How cool :)

I’m in!

Ok, I’m in. Sounds fun.

Sealed thermos full of hot tub water, coming to you via UPS.

Pointless materialistic… I’m soo in!

… oh and, grinch!

I’m in, I buy and make a lot of weird shit. Someone might get a wicked beyond sideshow toy quality zombie figure… or they might get a handful of japanese capsule toys… plus I can unload my shitty old e3 swag. Lanyard wrapped toys ahoy!

I dont like the wishlist idea though, secret santa doesnt mean you choose what you get! So my recipient will have to provide a real shipping addy, hope you can ensure that or amazon itself will be getting a plush Nyarlotep or whatever I decide to send.

A price limit or guide would be handy though, I dont want to send a $100 sculpture and get a NICE BOTTLE OF BOURBON. I’m at least that materialistic. Plus I already have a NICE BOTTLE OF BOURBON.

Edit: ok, $20 min. works. If I send something handmade, I’ll put $20 minimum effort into it.

EDIT: oh, nothing… really…

I’m in!

And I think it was $20 maximum.

Could you clarify?

[edit: It’s minimum. Okay. Reading comprehension FTL, but it was a whole page ago!]

[edit 2: Maybe you’ll get a $25 pen. Whoever gets Moore must now get him some kind of funky pen.]

Yeah, wishlists are kind of contrary to what Secret Santa means to me. It’s up to the Secret Santa to figure out the best gift. That’s his cross to bear. In a workplace, that might be difficult, but we have the advantage of using the “Find All Posts By…” button.

-Tom

Probably containing everything you need to clone your very own ElGuapo…

Sure, count me in. Sounds like it’s likely to be amusing, surprising, crushingly disappointing, or just plain disgusting, depending on who you draw.

In my case, my Amazon and/or Funagain wishlists are so long that no matter what someone picked, I would certainly be surprised.

And considering the type of people who are here, I figured it was easier than asking people to post lists of all the stuff (esp. games) they own. :)

Count me in, this sounds fun (North America list)

Also, I’m with the anti-wish-list crowd. Much of the fun of secret-santa exchanges is figuring out what sort of gift somebody would like and then gloriously succeeding (or failing) to much laughter and gnashing of teeth.

So Moore, are you trying to get out of the Greater Greenville Pen Expo '07 this weekend? Is that what you’re saying?

You, joke, but I once watched a PBS show (california gold) where they went to a pen show in Cali. The host is a jackass so I couldnt turn away. The brick factory one got watched too…