The Qt3 Top 10 Games of the Decade Voting Thread

1. Digital Combat Simulator With a VR headset, it’s the dog’s bollocks, the bees’ knees and the cat’s ass. It’s all that and a little on top. Not perfect, but for me, it’s what it’s all about. My childhood dream of tearing down a valley in a mirage with my hair on fire and a radar warning device screeming bloody murder.
  2. Subnautica The sheer gumption to make a game without any guns, where the verb is not kill, that took a lot of gumption and genius. And it worked and I loved it for what it was and for what it stood for.
  3. Wargame: Red Dragon I sank immeasurable hours into this toybox of cold/modern war toys. It has all the things, a refined interface and is (for now) the culmination of my favourite click-dudes-around game.
  4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Because it’s that good. It’s gonna win, isn’t it?
  5. Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad I fly this a lot, it’s good. Like DCS, it’s what VR is made for. It’s not as good as DCS, because you can’t touch the cockpits like you can in that. On the other hands, it has biplanes and triplanes available, and a map that contains my home town.
  6. Total War: Shogun 2 IMO the best total war of them all. It was held back by stupidly long loading times. Absolutely gorgeous interface styling made up for it.
  7. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Since the first one, I loved all of the AC’s. This one was the most memorable one, expanding the formula with fun naval combat. The one in ancient Greece is pretty darn good too tho!
  8. Kerbal Space Program This taught me rocket science. I am smart now; I know rocket science.
  9. Mafia III I love me some GTA(clone). This one was the best of them all. It had fun characters, awesome music and an interesting story and setting. I loved it. Runners up in this genre to me were Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs 2 and GTA5 itself.
  10. World of Tanks Has it been only ten years? sheesh. This has been a staple of my gaming diet for years. Just a quick round or two between diapers and the next emergency. These days It has been replaced by the more staid World of Warships which follows the exact same formula but with… warships.