The Qt3 Top 10 Games of the Decade Voting Thread

Where are my flight sim peeps?

1. Kerbal Space Program (2011) Spent sooo much time fooling around with this. 100% in sandbox mode. It’s a space nut’s dream game.

2. IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles (2013) That’s the name of the series, which is esentially a base game with scenarios that add new battles and planes. If we gotta pick one, I’d say Battle of Stalingrad, since it was first. The immersion of flying these WW2 planes in VR in this game is absolutely amazing.

3. Digital Combat Simulator (2011) DCS World is essentially an engine you can drop fighter planes (or the occasional aerobatic bird) into. It has its flaws, but it’s an amazingly detailed simulation of the real thing. Flying the F-18C in DCS is harder than flying an F-15 in the real world.

4. Mass Effect 2 (2010) A sci-fi fan’s dream RPG and the most solid title in the ME series.

5. The Witcher 3 (2015) Redefined the expectation of RPG storylines. No Fed Ex quests, or if there are any, Fed Ex explains why they had to hire you and the repercussions if you don’t deliver in time. Great storyline, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful adaptation of the source material. The combat’s kind of meh, but really, who plays RPGs for the combat? (Some of you do, I’m sure, but I don’t.)

6. Just Cause 2 (2010) Rico! Chaos! SOOOO MUCH FUN! It’s a shame JC3 and 4 didn’t quite capture the magic of 2 for some reason.

7. Halo Reach (2010) Great missions and an engaging storyline. Multiplayer was enjoyable, too, with more variety than the Master Chief-based games.

8. Forza Horizon 4 (2018) The entire Forza series is a blast. But I love the open world design, and the joy of the LEGO scenarios puts FH4 over the top. Plus it has my Fiat 124.

9. Portal 2 (2011) Do you know who I am? The man who’s going to burn your house down with the lemons.

10. Minecraft (2011) So simple. So many hours of fun building.

Honorable Mention:

Fallout New Vegas (2010) The peak of the Bethesda formula

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) It’s no Witcher 3, but I did finish it and enjoyed it a lot.

Bioshock Infinite (2013) Well, I’d give it to the first BioShock, but that came out too early, and Infinite was fun too.

Peggle 2 (2013) 1000 gamerscore and I still play it.

Batman: Arkham Knight (2015) Hard to pick on the Batman games. But this one was native on next-gen consoles, so winner.