The Razr is back!

Watch it fold (@30s ish):

I like to see this stuff in motion. :D

It might fit more snuggly in a breast pocket than other smartphones I guess.

Mostly I think it’s nice. (But I don’t like the price.)

It’s so cool that I want one of my coworkers to buy it so I can play with it for a few minutes.

Yeah I think that summarizes my thoughts about it too. Maybe in three or four years there will be a bunch of these at lower prices, though.

Yup, still a Verizon exclusive:

Worldwide, the new Razr will be available in “markets across Europe, Latin America, Asia and Australia.” In the US, the new Razr is exclusive to Verizon and launches January 9, 2020, with pre orders starting December 26. Yes the day after Christmas. Apologies to Santa Claus.

Unlike Samsung’s, this is a fold approach I can get totally behind. Hope others will follow.

Definitely would not shell out $1500 - especially since this is a first-gen device that may come with some kinks that need to be ironed out. But I’m hoping that some robust and more affordable devices will be available a year or two from now.

Yeah, the price is absurd (same for iPhones, imho, but whatever). Still, it’s a nice design and I prefer the foldable approach so here’s hoping it gets to a decent cost in the relatively near future.

edit - I once had a nice Razr with an etched dragon on the case. Loved that phone. sigh

I’m interested. Pity about the mediocre camera – failing to compete at the very top there makes it hard to consider as a primary phone these days (I’m spoiled). But I’ll be taking a closer look. I love the form factor.