The Real Dark Souls *spoiler* thread starts here

Games comes out on 10/4 - let the spoils commence.

My first question does holding onto your humanity numbers serve any purpose? Or is it simply the ability to turn human and “kindle” bonfires for bonuses.

There was some guesses that higher humanity in storage might increase the item drop rate.

I’m not sure yet. I’m kind of confused about the humanity system. The one thing I know for sure is to not cash those humanity gems in until you want to use them for something. Nothing better than losing humanity thanks to a silly death!

I am assuming that your humanity count just relates to the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes in Demon’s Souls, only you have to be near a bonfire to use them… I could be completely off, but this is how it appears to me.

According to the wiki, Humanity increases your Curse resistance and item drop rate. I’m not sure if they are referring to the Humanity score or actually being human, though.

The other big question I have is crafting.

Does this continue the weird crafting branches of the original. IE can you upgrade a short sword +4 to a sticky short sword, but not a short sword +5.

Looking at the wiki, it seems like the upgrade paths have been streamlined quite a bit.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons#Reinforcement

This is the kind of game that I wish all the information was already available for it. A lot of the fun I had with Demon’s Souls was plotting my optimized route through it, collecting all the best items and spells.

I got a ring call coveted serpent ring, that raise item droprate to 300 from 120 or 150… even in human form, 300 is the cap. so unless you just going for the kindle bonus, with that ring equipped there is no difference between human and undead.

That’s nice, but if anyone else finds themselves going slightly mad at a popping sound that happens periodically, the wiki has a chat window that defaults to “sound on” every time someone chats. I thought I was losing my mind.

So I’ve made my way into the undead parish and I suddenly feel much weaker than most of the enemies. The knights simply murder me - and I’m not feeling like its a fair murder - like blue eye knights in the first game. Have I pushed into an area I shouldn’t be in yet or any strategies for the knights?

So I caught the flu and staying home, playing some more dark souls.

Finally had my first pvp, I joined the dragon covenant and got an item to search for player with dragon scale on them(GOT TO CATCH’EM ALL), then I invade them to take the scale…

poor guy didn’t even know what happen, one backstab then he tries to run for it, and I backstab him again and kicked him off a really really high place(top of the sen’s fortress).

Heater Shield? 1000 souls. Short Sword? 500 souls. Getting a dragon to do your soul farming for you? Priceless!

go further on, once you hit your first blacksmith area, you want to save up and buy the crest he sell for 20k soul… with it you can unlock the darkroot garden door. In there you can farm about 4 npc each worth around 2k soul each. 3 of them are really easy, one of them can’t be locked on but does pathetic damage.

you gain like 7k soul every 2 minutes, there is a bonfire literally outside the crest door.

What class is comparable to the Royal? Kind of a hybrid jack of all trades (caster, etc), but can take a beating in melee.

pyromancer

Darks Souls reaper? Still, the dragon trick is a nice early boost for snagging stuff like the repair kit.

I also have decided to join the dragon cov, can you tell me where/when I can do that?

Which brings up an interesting question: Any other juicy secrets people have found? Another obvious one is the door leading into the white chaos witch in Quelaag’s Domain.

An item I haven’t acquired yet is in the Firelink shrine, on the top of one of the buildings. You can see it when you ride the elevator up to the church. I’ve tried jumping off as it goes up and followed the path to the building, but to no avail. How do I get up there?

I also have decided to join the dragon cov, can you tell me where/when I can do that?

go to blightown, in the swamp area, head opposite from the chaos witch entrance, and you see a big tree, and a ramp up the tree. go up, there will be a dead end. one of the wall is a fake wall, hit it, and then you see a chest, behind the chest is another fake wall. go through that, follow that path all the way to the end.

eventually you get to an area called grey lake, it looks like the forest that dragon was slumbering at in the intro movie, run all the way to the end, you will see a giant dragon and you can join the covenant, it’s a LOOOOOONG run, and there are some tough miniboss on the way so.

An item I haven’t acquired yet is in the Firelink shrine, on the top of one of the buildings. You can see it when you ride the elevator up to the church. I’ve tried jumping off as it goes up and followed the path to the building, but to no avail. How do I get up there?

you are on the right path, once you jump off the elevator, follow path to the right side to the mountain ledge, from there you can roll on to one of the spire/support of the church, then you can run up to into upper floor of the church, the item is a key to undead asylum 2nd floor. if you look up, you can see the crow nest, basically if you get up to the crow nest, you can curl up in to a ball, and wait for a bit, crow will bring you back to tutorial area, with optional boss(very very hard) and some neat items, you can unlock the door that you can’t unlock in the tutorial, there is a ring that let you run at normal speed in the swamp(useful).

I think I’m like 40% through the game, I managed to join 4 covenant(forest hunter/Dragon/Chaos Witch/Dark Wraith, currently in Dark Wraith(pain in the ass to get in), best weapon BY FAR is a lightning spear you can get in a dungeon after you rang the 2 bells, drake sword doesn’t hold a candle to it.

The problem I have with dark soul’s weapon system is with the attribute bonus on weapons, good enchanted weapon gain 0 bonus from attribute, the lightning spear I picked up deal 160 physical and 160 lightning damage with req 10 str and 14 dex, but doesn’t gain bonus from attributes… there is basically 0 incentive for me to put points in str/dex/int because how overpowered the spear is.

Sweet. I had no clue that was even there.

By the way, if you’ve finished the game, I could really need some pointers for a couple of the latter bosses. I’m talking specifically about Nito and Seath. I think I can get around Nito with a little work, but there’s obviously some kind of trick to Seath that I’m not seeing. Halp!

Another secret: In the Darkroot Gardens, there’s a lower path parallel to the one you’re taking when you move towards the locked door/campfire. If you have enough health you can actually drop directly down there. If not, you find the entrance behind a tree in the second garden area where all the huge knights rest on the ground. Just hug the left wall as you enter.

Yeah, I found that one in Sen’s Fortress. Been using it ever since. Almost feels like cheating – even though my divine halberd is dangerously close to rivaling it. Too bad the spear has such a short reach.