The Real Problem with Assassin's Creed

Hey Charles why is the Animus in the game?

I am of the opinion that while its a fine game (I have not actually completed it), it would have been better if the setting was 12th century middle east instead of modern day science lab.

Because it is. Because that’s what the developers wanted to do.

I am of the opposite opinion! I liked talking to Veronica Mars and wandering around trying to investigate things (although I wish I could’ve walked a bit faster). It was a nice break from the tedium of 100 percenting that middle block of three missions.

The handy thing is that you don’t have to do them.

But they’re there and NEED to be collected! Compulsively, I do this, and hate myself for it.

Gotta blame someone.

Agreed.

I enjoyed the adventury gamey elements of the modern day scenes.

I just wish Desmond didn’t move like a cow with two broken legs.

Well, I’m very glad the design of the game wasn’t up to you, then.

I have heard the “wah it sucks in the future” complaint about this game enough for now. People can shut up about it until the second game comes out and the bitching resumes.

I don’t even fully understand what the guy in the link is trying to say. Doilies?

Heh.

I hate to say it, …

You lie, sir!

Funny thing is, that’s mostly because of the locked shoulder camera. He walks the same way that Altair does, technically.

It pretty clearly provides a useful metaphor for the HUD elements.

But the game was so much better when I turned off the HUD.

Locked shoulder camera plus fixed walking speed plus invisible walls.

Hey Charles how come Assassin’s Creed isn’t set in the present day and you don’t use guns? How come there are no dialog trees? How come you can’t learn magic powers? How come there are no boss fights against demons? How come there isn’t a puzzle minigame? How come you can’t fly a helicopter?

Hey Charles how come Assassin’s Creed isn’t set in the present day and you don’t use guns? How come there are no dialog trees? How come you can’t learn magic powers? How come there are no boss fights against demons? How come there isn’t a puzzle minigame? How come you can’t fly a helicopter?

Does Assasins creed have portals?
If there’s no portals I don’t care.

Oh, and a song.

Dodging the issue, as always.