The real Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoiler Thread is the friends we made along the way.

I’m not sure, but it looked like the spaceship Fury was on had lots and lots of Scrulls. Not to say its the whole race, but definitely more than 2 rogue aliens helping out on earth.

I 100% meant to use this word.

One thing about Far From Home that is a bit disturbing, though I suppose we’re not supposed to think about this, is that they set the precedent that snap victims come back exactly to where they were when they were snapped.

That means thousands of people blinked back at 35k feet where there is no longer an airplane and plummeted to their deaths. Not to mention on public streets, railways, and waterways. Imagine blinking back in an elevator shaft 20 flights above where the elevator is now.

Or what if you blink back halfway in and out of a door? Yikes.

The death toll must have been in the hundreds of thousands or even millions just on Earth, but wasn’t discussed at all.

Did they, did they really? Because if them’s the rules, exactly the place, then a whole bunch a people are going to die when they come back where the planet was 5 years ago. :D

Don’t overthink it.

Not necessarily. The Hulk just brought everyone back safely. That could easily be extrapolated even from what’s shown in this film. It’s essentially magic. He can make sure everyone comes back ok with a thought. The Gauntlet is that powerful.

People get hung up on “the snap” because they always snapped fingers to make stuff happen but realistically the Gauntlet just makes you omnipotent. You can do whatever you can think. It’s just that the power of it would kill ordinary beings in an instant without ever allowing them to use the power.

People actually asked about this after Endgame:

The reality stone has wish power, so you can just specify a good outcome and it’ll irrationally happen (with sufficient power and authority from the other stones.)

I just based that on the scene where the band snapped back into the gym in the middle of the basketball game. But I guess in theory you could assume that everyone in planes, in cars, etc. snapped back to an equally safe place.

Which proves that an omniscient, omnipotent, sentient God exists in the MCU (or at least a demiurge) - because parsing a wish like “bring everyone who was back safe” requires not just the ability to manipulate reality, but also complete knowledge of the state of every person and every thing in the universe pre-snap, and the ability to calculate a new state that brings everyone back safely.

In other words, the stones can’t purely be physically carrying out an algorithm Banner wrote to fix things, because Banner’s limited human mind couldn’t possibly have written such an algorithm. The stones must be a conduit to some other power with more knowledge than Banner.

(Of course you could argue the stones themselves contained that required omniscience and sentience … in which case Thanos killed God when he destroyed the stones.)

I vote for this one. And the stones weren’t destroyed, simply changed into atoms so they can’t be physically used anymore. But they still exist within the universe (or at least that’s how I interpreted it).

I’m just a barely casual Marvel movie-goe, so maybe I’m mis-remembering (never seen Capt Marvel, for example, so the skrull bit meant less than nothing to me).

In Endgame, when Ant-Man blipped back, wasn’t the world portrayed as practically desolate? So I assume the high-school band was just whatever the current director thought would be amusing, without feeling any need for consistency.

Large portions of it had been abandoned, while other areas that coalesced into relatively normal-seeming society. e.g., the memorial park was pretty well-maintained and constructed.

Agreed. I think they were using images like what happened in Detroit’s worst spots to show what happens when people leave en masse. That doesn’t mean the whole world is like that.

I try not to think about what would really happen if we lost half the population and then five years later just got it back because nothing about the snap would… really work.

Yeah, if nothing else, there’d be massive famine. Unemployment would be 50%, etc. It’d be a pretty big disaster, at least as challenging to deal with as the original snap, if not worse.

Governments would topple, a new arms race because people vanished but the weapons didn’t, looting, new power structures vying for top spots… i like a nice trip to Europe and it was fun but yeah… seems highly unlikely, even with heroes running around.

Those kids had to take all their tests and restart the semester! Consequences of the Blip!

It was a fun movie. I really enjoyed it. But that was just one of dozens things that don’t really line-up too well because it makes little to no sense to do that.

Honestly, the whole Avengers Endgame 5 year jump makes no sense beyond a very goofy handwave. There are a million holes.

I think you mean millions of universes or something.