The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

Well, while we wait for the results, I’d like to draw attention to this:

If this is true, why didn’t rho give me NC instead of giving me NC-lite?

Did @rho21 have an NC to give?

I gave Chicago Proxy to soon and In the Spotlight to scott.

Ha, sorry, I remembered incorrectly, I blame Monday!

That was speculation based on common assumptions. That was what should be true if Mission 2 is clean and exactly one of Kane and Casey are Evil. But no one knows for sure until the end. I posted the lists because I can’t keep things in my head easily and wanted to organize my thoughts.

Also: if you are a Loyal Servant, don’t despair. The order/usual assumptions hurt Evil more than Good. If you have a game where all mission picks are clean, Evil is screwed (obviously), but if a mission fails, the neglected knight will have a chance for redemption.

Basically, if you’re really Good, we’ll figure it out.

Team 3A Mission Results
@Snebmi (leader)
@Dave_Perkins
@scottagibson
@rowe33

In Dramatic Order

Success

Success

Success

Failure

Evil is up 2-1

Card Update:
@rho21
@scottagibson No Confidence
@soondifferent Chicago Proxy
@CF_Kane
@CaseyRobinson
@Dave_Perkins
@Snebmi
@rowe33

@rowe33 please distribute:

Take Responsibility: You must take a Plot card from another player / One-time use – The player to whom the Leader passes this card must take one Plot card from any other player.

No Confidence: You may null an approved Vote and force leadership change / One time use – The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to reject an approved Mission team (successful Vote). Using this card counts as a failed Vote

Then select 5 players for team 4. Team 4 requires two failure votes to fail.

Well damn. And now we need more information cards and haven’t drawn them.

That makes ZERO sense, unless we have two evils on the team. I don’t see why a single evil on mission 2 would ever vote success to tie it up.

I’m shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

Best guess, Rho, Scott and Casey are the evils.

Rho gives Scott the in the spotlight knowing he won’t highlight a evil, and Casey gives Scott the NC so he had give Kane the OC. Scott signaled to Casey that he wasn’t going to vote fail on the first team.

Heh. If @rowe33 is evil, then good is probably beaten.

Not sure that makes much sense. (I mean, I know it’s wrong because I’m good, but even so).

Seems more likely to me that there was only one evil on the first team but two on the second/third. It goes a little way towards explaining how the second was allowed to pass.

You’ve got that backwards. @CaseyRobinson first gave OC to Kane, then Kane accused him, then he gave the NC to me, presumably because he assumed I was loyal if Kane was evil.

If Casey was evil, why would he expose himself to a loyal player? He could literally have picked anyone else.

So if Casey is loyal, then the baddies are @Dave_Perkins, @Snebmi, and @CF_Kane. That pretty much fits the facts, except it still leaves open why @Dave_Perkins didn’t fail mission 2. Anyone have a better explanation?

I’m not convinced that’s true: we’d talked a fair bit about it in here, so a lot of choices would have looked suspicious to the point of a soft reveal.

Not that I have a better explanation right now. I’ll have a think about it.

Is this the signal for someone else to fail?

Sure. I’m not certain, just seems the most likely scenario. I used the spotlight on @Snebmi on mission 2 because I was suspicious. Then after the mission @Snebmi selected @Dave_Perkins to vet him, which made me think it was unlikely they are both evil.

Luckily for 5 of us, this is not the case! Though at a loss on how to untangle this mess until I lay out the ‘if X is evil, then Y is evil, etc’. I was hoping we were all set but of course that is almost never the case when I get that feeling.

This is a very strange statement when you’ve just been confirmed as good by someone else.

Or is this @Snebmi signaling that he will fail the mission?

Hah, good crosspost!

@rowe33, if you trust me, that TR has to come to me, or someone will use it to take my NC.