The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

Makes more sense than Scott forgetting to vote fail after he put you in the spotlight.

So you think both me and Scott are Evil? What? I’m not even following your line of thought, Rowe. What I’m suggesting is two of you, Dave, and Scott are Evil and failed to coordinate. What’s more likely, that or someone forgetting their allegiance?

No, I said the most likely scenario was that you and Dave are evil. If you and Scott were both evil then he would have failed mission 2. If Scott and Dave were both evil then Scott would have used the Spotlight on Dave instead.

Well, since rho and I are in the clear in all of these discussions, you wouldn’t have any problems giving us the cards right @rowe33?

I’m inclined to think that Snebmi is good, although I doubt that many of you will accept my logic. I know that CaseyRobinson is evil because I saw his card, and I declared him as evil. If Snebmi was evil, he could have said that CaseyRobinson is good, which would have thrown me under the bus and likely resulted in an evil victory, as it would likely be seen to clear Casey. In addition, Dave noted that Snebmi is good as well, which I think speaks in his favor.

Assuming that Snebmi and I are both good and Casey is evil, a few players stand out in voting for me:

Dave stands out because he voted yes to every team. Soon voted yes to every team except 2B, which we now know had an evil player on it. Scott voted yes on only on teams 1D and 3A, both of which failed (and all three of which he was on).

I think that Scott is likely to be evil, although that does create the problem of 2 evil players on my team (1D). We all agreed that we needed to vote yes on 1D to prevent a potential automatic evil victory.

But at this point, I really don’t know what I’m doing anymore. Sigh.

How does an evil someone with a spotlight fail to coordinate? You point the spotlight at the other evil. If he votes fail, then you vote success. If he votes success, then you vote fail. It’s trivial.

No one really thinks that if I were evil, I would not have failed mission 2, using the spotlight to prevent a double fail. People who claim to think that have some other agenda.

Both of you can’t be evil but one of you certainly still could. I maintain that there’s no possible way that there could be only 1 evil on teams 2 & 3 though. And I know I’m good so it’s down to 2 out of the other 3.

My apologies Scott, I thought you meant the spotlight as a kind of signal, “He played the spotlight so he fails it” kinda thing.

My instinct is that if you are Evil, you may have done it to cover your tracks given that I was the clear choice as I was leader next. I’m not sure. If you are Evil, I think it’s more likely you’d have done that than Dave would have refused to fail a mission as the only Evil.

I feel like I keep accusing people but I don’t know what to do here. This is my first game and therefore the first time I’ve had to accuse people and it feels mean. I just need to get used to it.

I have some thought but am quite busy right now. I will check back in soon. From my perspective Rowe, you should pick me, Kane, soon, and rho and you’d be the only unknown. But of course I can’t prove that. All I know is Casey is Evil and I’ve isolated the rest in you, Dave, and Scott. I don’t expect you to do that, though. I look forward to seeing the team selection and judging you afterwards.

My team proposal doesn’t matter nearly as much as the card distribution though. My team may or may not pass through but the card distribution could end up deciding the game if I bungle the hand off.

And for the cards, I’m inclined to give both NC cards to Rho right now, since he seems the least risky of my choices. Any objections?

I’d say one to rho and one to soon, to be honest, but it doesn’t matter a huge amount.

Why double them up in one place? You could get lucky, but you could get really unlucky too. You keep asking the right question: If I’m evil, why didn’t I use the spotlight to safely fail mission 2?

At some point we do have to double down on something. That said, I’m pretty convinced scott is good so I have no objections to spreading the cards around if that seems safer.

No apologies are necessary!

Any scenario shows that one of Casey / Kane are evil, and Dave is evil. So picking a safe team for the 4th mission is straightforward: just pick everyone else. But doubling up all the cards in one hand is not a good idea.

I’ll start it out by giving Take Responsibility to rho21. @Lantz

Sorry, busy day at work. I have to use this immediately, right? I guess I’ll take the No Confidence.

And after he takes NC from Scott, I’ll replace it by giving Scott the other one, in the King’s name.

@scottagibson @rho21 @Lantz

For my official team proposal, we’ll go with:

rowe33
rho21
soondifferent
Kane
Scott

I think that spreads the risk out enough so we shouldn’t have a double fail.

It’s not going to work for mission 5 but it should get us through 4 and maybe we’ll get some more cards to clear things up, and rho distributing should be fine.

I know for sure there’s one Evil on the team but probably not two unless Dave is Good. I’d say this team is probably okay but I’d like to hear how we’re planning to get through Mission 5. We have Overheard Conversation left, right? If we pass this, rho will get it, which I’m okay with as rho is almost definitely Good.

To check Dave: you have to give it to me, as Casey will swear Dave’s Evil already. If Dave’s Evil he’ll be 100% confirmed as such because he’s said I’m Good. It would be funny because he’d have no way to get out of that. Like when Scott said Lantz was Evil so Lantz said Scott was Evil and Scott refused to NC the 5th team and Lantz accused Scott of being a Tanner. But it’s not the best use of the card I don’t think.

To check me: you have to give it to Rowe. I’m happy for that to happen obviously but I’m not sure if rowe would tell the truth. Given that he must say scott or me is Evil in this situation he’s accusing someone either way. Rowe is on my list of maximum suspicion. I’d love for him to prove me wrong, obviously, but he’d have a high incentive to lie. Of course, you could also give it to Dave to double check my card but that’s not helpful.

To check rowe: you have to give it to me, as you (rho) are the other player next to him. From rowe’s perspective, all of my previous arguments apply (although I do have the excuse about the spotlight - which doesn’t apply to him).

To check scott: You have to give it to Kane (you’re the other player next to him). I’ll believe whatever Kane would say, obviously, as would Dave (but you don’t want Dave’s approval).

Those are my thoughts. Do with them what you will but that OC is going to be our best bet for getting a clean Mission 5.

I imagine we’ll probably end up with both Eye cards for mission 5, just to mess with us.

I believe the cards left are (since we’ve used 8):
NC, CP, SL, SL, OC, Eye, Eye

If we make it to mission 5, at least we have a chance to get the OC. Even with it, we’ll have to make educated guesses to get all 5 clean members on the team.