The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

If everything else you’ve said is true, the obvious answer is to cause confusion.

There’s enough confusion in these Resistance games as it is for me to get all sly about causing more, when 2-0 was a death sentence for good.

Yeah, that’s what I forgot. But there’s basically no good explanation for mission 2 passing. Single evil would have failed it. And if Snebmi passed it because of the spotlight, then Dave should have failed it.

It feels like crazy talk that there were multiple evils on mission 1 and single evil on mission 2, doesn’t it? What’s the evidence for that?

Who’s making that crazy talk?

That would be from here. I guess I was overreacting a bit since I’m sitting here knowing all the evil dudes and having no good way to demonstrate it.

I know this is ancient history, but how did you manage to miss the fact that Kane called me out?

I didn’t miss it when it happened. I forgot it.

Evil Dave + Evil Rowe would explain it.

So would Evil you + one of Evil Dave/Rowe

Yes, I know. But I’m not evil.

I guess the thing that is influencing me here is that with the spotlight on Snebmi, the mission succeeds, and without it, it fails. Probably putting too much weight on that.

Evil scott seems much less likely as the spotlight could (and probably would) have been sent elsewhere.

I would damn sure have used the spotlight to fail the mission without a double fail risk, if I were evil.

Agreed, I think EvRoweDave more likely.

Disregarding all the fun I could have had distributing those cards if I was evil, why would Dave & I both vote success on mission 2 yet somehow manage to avoid a double fail on mission 3?

Sure. Like I said, mission 2 passing is the mystery.

If A and B are Evil and both on a mission:

A plays Success, B plays Success: 25%

A plays Success, B plays Fail: 25%

A plays Fail, B plays Success: 25%

A plays Fail, B plays Fail: 25%

Therefore, a single fail has a 50% chance if both parties flip a coin.

So basically a 50% random chance that the two evils might have passed mission 3 also, giving the game to good? I would never have passed up the chance to go up 2-0 on good if I was actually evil. Mission 2 would have been failed, even if ended up with 2 fails.

No,

25% chance Success,
25% chance double Fail,
50% chance single Fail

Edit: this was in response to the 50% thing in your post, which was incorrect.

Ah, wasn’t really paying attention to the math, sorry, since I know the scenario isn’t correct anyways.

At any rate, if I was evil then I would have:

1. Failed mission 2 no matter what.
  2. Distributed the NC and TR cards in a totally different manner, ensuring evil had as many cards as possible. It’s impossible for the trio of rowe, scott, and rho to be evil so make of that what you will.

Team 4A
@rowe33 (leader)
@rho21
@soondifferent
@CF_Kane
@scottagibson

Accepting all votes. (I have poked outstanding votes)

@soondifferent if you choose to use Chicago Proxy please announce in channel.